Chapter-4

Notes:

This is cross posted to my Fanfiction site under the same name as it is on here. A few things before you begin reading. Ash is older at the start of his journey than in cannon. He is 16 years of age. Ash will be a bottom in his relationships. He will also capture pokemon he had not during the cannon episodes. He will know or be taught how to use Aura since I feel like they really failed in using it to its potential in the episodes. If there are anymore details I'll be sure to address them as they come up.

Main Pairing: AshxPaul

Side pairing: AshxGary (One sided on Gary's part)

Rating: M (to be safe)

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon it belongs to Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokemon Company, etc, nor do I write this for profit. This is for entertainment use only.

Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a review!

Chapter Text

Ash was up bright and early like he said he was going to be and at the Gym ready to battle. He prepped his team last night just to make sure they were all set for battling. He had to explain to Horsea that he wouldn't be able to battle on land until he evolved to a Kingdra, and he didn't want to tell his Horsea that he didn't know when that could happen. He wasn't sure how to get his hands on a Dragon Scale. He decided on using Nidoran and Pikachu in this fight as he wanted Nidoran to get more battle experience seeing as the poison type was getting close to evolving.

Now he was standing on the battling field with Brock as his siblings went to sit on the stands wanting to watch them battle. He took a deep breath as he took in the environment around him.

Dirt, rocks, and oh look more dirt.

He sighed as he waited for Forest, the next oldest sibling, to announce when to start. "Alright! This battle is between Pewter Gym Leader, Brock Harrison*, against challenger, Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town. This battle is a two on two. No substitutions, no recovery items, the battle ends when both pokémon on one side is knocked out. Gym Leader sends out first," Forest announced as he stood on the side lines with a blue flag and a red flag in his hands. Brock sent Ash a nod before sending out his first pokémon.

"Let's roll! Geodude!"

Ash hummed as he saw the pokémon he had just seen yesterday. He narrowed his eyes before sending out his Nidoran.

"To the battlefield, Nidoran!"

His poison type let out a growl as it left his pokéball. His poison barbs already out and dripping ready to poison his opponent. Nidoran hunkered down for the moment as he waited for his trainers' call.

"Geodude! Tackle!"

The Geodude let out a grunt as it moved, faster than expected for a rock type, towards Nidoran. Nidoran waited tense until the last moment before dodging the attack so the rock pokémon would end up gong around him. "Double Kick!" Ash called out as he crossed his arms over his chest. Nidoran ran quickly to where the Geodude was picking itself up from the failed Tackle and tried to deliver the Double Kick, but the Geodude was quick to dodge back towards his trainer.

Ash watched as his Nidoran chased the rock like pokémon across the field letting his pokémon use his best judgement on what to do. He hummed softly as his eyes narrowed. He couldn't think of a way to win this battle. He sighed softly to himself as he watched his Nidoran give back as much as he was given.

It wasn't until Geodude started slowing down that Ash knew he had a small window on chance to get the pokémon down once and for all. "Nidoran! Quick Kick the Geodude!" he called out suddenly as the rock like pokémon stuttered to keep its way out of Nidoran Peck. He heard his poison buddy let out a chirp before dashing in quickly in a Quick Attack before channeling that energy into his hind legs to let out two hard kicks causing the Geodude to fly back against the wall. Ash watched patiently as his Nidoran's ears twitched towards his downed opponent.