CRAP!

Adam's POV

I put her down on the stool, before placing a bowl of mac and cheese in front of her.
She stared down at the food, before looking back at me 'Thanks' She beamed, before digging in.

'Did Aidan send you?' I asked and she stopped and looked up at me.
'Yes, but I never wanted any of this'
'I know, and I feel like a fool for only realizing that now. It was selfish of me that I hadn't realized I wasn't the only one hurting. I'm so sorry' I said.

'You shouldn't be. It was my fault not yours'
'That day?.....the day you'd almost killed yourself. Did he force you to do that too?'
'No. I was actually gonna commit suicide. I didn't want him to make me do his dirty jobs anymore. So I thought death was the only option to free myself. It was a very stupid thing to do' She frowned.

'You won't have to do any dirty work for him anymore. I won't let him bother you anymore' I assured her.
'Thank you' she smiled.

Ok. I'm kinda getting addicted to that smile of hers.

'You can stay here if you don't have anywhere else to go. There's plenty of room. I don't mind having a roommate'
'I don't think that's such a good idea' She protested 'I'm just some stranger and you don't know what I'm capable of'

'We can get to know each other and besides I can tell when you're a posing a threat. So,  what do you say'
'Okay'
'Good' I said.
This way I can always protect you. You won't have to live in the shadows anymore.

CRAP! What's gotten into me? I don't know why I've suddenly felt the urge to keep her save.
It feels like this isn't who I am anymore.