The time orb

Hope's Pov

'You disappeared for over a month. Why's that?.....' His eyes were glued to his laptop and he didn't look up to make eye contact with me.
'Well...I...umh...' I was short of words. I didn't know what to say.

'Cat got your tongue?' He rose to his feet walking over to the side I was sitting 'Are you hiding anything from me?'
He slammed his fist on the table when I didn't respond 'If I ask a damn question, I expect an answer!.... ARE YOU HIDING ANYTHING FROM ME?!'

I shook my head 'No'
He suddenly grabbed my neck cutting off my air ways. I couldn't breathe and my eyes were dilating. He was choking me.

'If I find out you betrayed me, oh...you'd be sorry' He let go off my neck and I fell to the floor, gasping for air.
Fucking BASTARD!

'You should get to work. It's still unfinished' He waved me off.
I stood up and left

**********

Author's POV

'There's no stopping him once he gets his hands on the time orb' Cella said 'Once he spins it, the world's balance will change. Humans would be wiped off the surface of the earth. And time will change'
'What does that mean?' Hope asked her.

'It means humans would seize to exist'
'That's an awful thing to do' Hope said.
'We can't let that happen. Not on my watch' Adam said 'But where can we find this orb, we have to get to it before he does'
'I know where' Jacob chipped in But it wouldn't be easy finding it'

'We will give it a try' Adam said.