Chapter 14 - Almost Dragon Rescuers...

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

"HICCUP!" I heard different people call out.

"WHERE ARE OUR DRAGONS?" Others called.

"ITS NOT SNOGGLETOG!" Others stated.

"STOP!" I yelled out to the crowd. There was a sudden silence over Berk. "I don't know where the dragons are. Toothless is the only one still here." I stated.

"Well what do we do then?" Spitelout asked.

"Search the island! They couldn't have gone far." I ordered. Almost instantly people scattered the area in search for the dragons.

"Hiccup, where could the dragons have gone?" Astrid turned to me as she patted a sad nightmare sitting in her arms. "The baby dragons don't live long without their parents."

"I know." I sighed. "Okay, let's think back. Where did the dragons go missing?"

"On the west side of the island. That's where Stormfly went missing." Astrid pointed out.

"Okay, we'll start there." I proposed. We began walking towards the west. Toothless was close behind.

"Grr." Toothless made a strange noise before stopping. Astrid and I turned to him. She put the nightmare down and told it to stay there.

"Toothless what's wrong?" I asked but he just rose his head. His eyes turned to slits as he looked straight through me.

"Hiccup." Astrid grabbed my arm, pulling me away from my dragon. I watched with wide eyes as Toothless without control started walking down to the beach.

"What is he doing?" I shrugged.

"Let's just follow." Astrid ordered as she took my hand in hers, pulling me along. We followed Toothless down to the beach where the dragon turned into a cave. I looked over to Astrid with a confused look. She shrugged in response before we continued after Toothless. We followed, step by step through the dark narrow cave.

"Oh the memories." I said sarcastically, remembering the whispering deaths down here.

"Let's just keep moving." Astrid ordered. Suddenly Toothless stopped ahead. We stayed at a distance, making sure he wouldn't turn on us or something. He started digging at the ground, desperately trying to get to something. "Hiccup get down!" Astrid whisper-yelled, pulling me to the ground. I looked back up to where suddenly a net was thrown at Toothless.

"Got him!" One of the outcasts stepped out from behind a cave wall. "That's the last dragon in Berk men!" He smiled, looking at Toothless ahead of him.

"What about the baby dragons?" Another outcast behind him asked.

"Forget about them, they can't fly anyway." The other responded. "Lock the night fury up with the others!" He ordered.

"Toothless!" I went to yell but Astrid covered my mouth.

"Don't, we will just make it worse." She whispered.

"I can't just sit here and watch him be caged!" I whisper-yelled back.

"Let's just follow, it's for the best!" She ordered as we slowly stood up and followed after the two outcasts which pulled Toothless behind them.

"Astrid look." I looked down to where toothless was previously digging.

"Dragon root..." She stated with a sigh.

"Come on." We kept walking. We turned a corner where my jaw dropped. Ahead of up was all the dragons in Berk all caged. This whole time they were under Berk. They all roared and squarked trying to get out but it was no use. I watched as the two outcasts through Toothless into a cage and locked it.

"I have a plan, quick." Astrid grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the tunnels.

----time skip----

We round up Berk. Ready to go in and free the dragons. All of Berk stood at the entrance of tunnels with weapons at the ready. Astrid really did have a plan...

"Go!" Dad ordered as we ran through the caves, following me. I turned the corner to where the dragons were.

"AHHHH!" Vikings yelled, wanting to scare away the outcasts. I stopped with my jaw dropped. The screams died down where we all just stood staring ahead. Where the dragons were before, where now gone. There were no dragons here, just cages of nothing.

"Where did the dragons go?" Astrid rose her hands.

"Are you kidding!" I yelled angrily.