Chapter 6 - Oh Memories

--------------------
Astrid's POV:
--------------------

"Woah." That was all we said as we walked closer to the edge of yet another cliff we stood on. The fog had cleared and the sun had only just set. Below us. A island unlike any other. There were tall cliffs on the sides with water poring off the sides endlessly as each waterfall fell into a river leading into a lake. There was only one difference you would remember though. The entire island glowed a bright blue.

The algae in the water made the place light up. The moonlight just added to the light. Me and Hiccup stood on the edge of the cliff just looking at the sight below is.everything was still except the water. The huge dark trees swayed ever so slightly in the wind.

"This is..." I cut him off.

"Beautiful." I muttered as I began to walk closer to the edge.

"Careful!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me back a bit from the edge.

"Really Hiccup?" I rolled my eyes. He just shrugged in response. I saw a path like slope leading down to the valley below. We began walking down it, dragons close behind.

"Toothless. No drinking the water this time. Got it?" Hiccup talked to him. Last time, boy the things that happened last time. You see, a Flightmare eats the algae in the water making it glow a bright colour.

When we were hunting it years ago Toothless just couldn't help himself to a drink. And the supposed to be invisible at night, night fury, was glowing blue all over being able to be seen from wop-wop. Ah, memories. We reached the bottom of the valley where suddenly I was pushed to the ground.

"Get down." Hiccup whispered as he kept us down. Suddenly a green glowing Flightmare swooped over us. Toothless covered us with his wing and Stormfly with the other so we would be invisible in the night. When the Flightmare flew on he let us stand up.

"Oh would you look at that, it's green this year." Hiccup pointed out. Last time we saw the Flightmare it was blue. "Oh wait...never mind." I heard Hiccup sigh. He put his hand on the top of my head and turned it the way he was facing.

"Thor..." I muttered as we had our jaws dropped. There, drinking from the lake in front of us, at least ten or more Flightmares all glowing vibrant colours. Some yellow, some blue, some green, some orange, some red, some purple. It was unbelievable. I thought I only had one Flightmare to worry about. Trader Johann didn't mention this.

"We should go." Hiccup suggested and began walking back the way we came.

"Wait." I ordered.

"What?" He asked, turning around.

"We can't just leave, there are all these Flightmares. I need to find the blue one that haunts me." I told him.

"Astrid, there are to many, we are well out numbered. We are just bait to them..." He began but I stopped listening when I looked up. There it was. The blue Flightmare. I can tell its this one because he has the scar on his stomach I left on him from last time when Stormfly shot it. I quickly got on Stormfly and got ready to fly.

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

"No, no, Astrid. Ugh..." She took off. I turned and got on Toothless to go after her. She began flying towards the Flightmare that was flying away from the island. Why was it flying away? It wasn't flying the way Berk was. Berk was the other way. "Astrid STOP!" I yelled and Stormfly hovered in the air as Astrid turned around.

"Keep it down! Are you trying to get us killed?!" She whisper yelled as I flew up next to them.

"It's not going to Berk. Where is it going?" I wondered.