Chapter 18 - Confessions

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

"Where is it! Where is it?!!" Camicazi paced back and forth outside the bar door.

"We've been sailing for days cap, it just keeps going. The crew believe the edge is getting further than closer." The first mate explained.

"We can't let him get the scale!" She complained. Nightfall was nearly here. Our plan was about to take action.

"Cami, it never ends, it just keeps going. Maybe all this is just a myth." He tried to convince her.

"Fine, we sail to the thieves islands, we'll get help from Eret." She ordered him before she walked away.

"Ey!" He nodded before walking up to take the wheel. Nightfall came fast as the ocean rocked the ship back and forth.

"Astrid's, go!" Snotlout ordered as Astrid walked over to the cage, rattling it. Nothing happened. She did it again. Still nothing.

"Phase six, go!" Ruff smiled.

"It's two you idiot." Astrid looked at her. Ruff just raised an eyebrow and started counting her fingers to check. Fishlegs laid down as the rest of us picked him up.

"Ugh! Why can't we just use Hiccups sword?" Snotlout complained, finding it difficult to carry him.

"Because Snotlout, wooden boat, big ocean, jorgensons can't swim." I reminded him sarcastically.

"Oh, right."

"Three, two, one!" Astrid counted down before we charged Fishlegs at the bars. His feet hit them as the door burst open.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch." He complained, standing up. We ran onto deck where no one was around. It was dark and nothing made noise. Everyone was clearly asleep.

"Shhhh." Tuff warned as he pointed to the first mate steering the ship. Ruff walked over to him she nudged him slightly but he didn't move. Suddenly he let out a huge snore, frightening everyone around.

"There's the rowboat!" Astrid whisper-shouted as we hurried over to it. Just as we started untying it I felt something on my shoulder. I gulped and turned around. Camicazi stood there, her hand out as her shining sword rested near my neck. I could sense the anger rising in Astrid beside me.

"You can't leave." She ordered. Suddenly I felt Astrid pull my sword out of its holding place and fling it out beside her, she avoided pressing the button to light it on flame, that wouldn't end well for the ship. She pushed camicazis sword off me with mine. Almost instantly they were in a battle.

"Girl fights, honestly." Tuff took a seat, knowing this was going to be long. I sighed and took a seat next of him as we watched the two fight back and forth, swords clinging left and right.

"We should have some dramatic music right now." Ruff stated.

"True." We all answered in sink.

"Why did you do it!" Astrid said through the clink of the swords.

"I told you! It was an accident!" Camicazi yelled back, waking the crew. The crew walked out of their dorms down stairs to join us. Now we all sat, no longer enemies, just enjoying the show play out ahead of us.

"You set my house on fire!" Astrid yelled back.

"You let me drift out to sea!" Camicazi shouted in return. The crew and I got comfortable, this was just getting interesting.

"I didn't do it on purpose! I was trying to kill a terrible terror!" Camicazi swung her sword, forcing Astrid to jump over it.

"Yeah right!" Astrid swung back, making Camicazi fall over, hitting the ground.

"It's true." She tried to persuade. "It was going into your house! I didn't want you getting hurt!" Camicazi dropped her sword, giving up.

"Your just saying that."

"No it's true, honestly. I've been trying to tell myself it wasn't for years but it is." She told her.

"But you hated me." Astrid was confused.

"No, I was trying to help you become a better dragon killer, and look at you now. I knew you would pick up that axe eventually." Camicazi surrendered.

"I'm sorry." Astrid gave in.

"What?" Me and the gang all said at once, completely surprised at how Astrid was apologising. This was like the first time in forever.

"I shouldn't have let you drift out to sea." She helped Camicazi stand up.

"Well I forgive you, look where it got me." Camicazi avoided eye contact.

"No really, I've felt guilty my whole life." Astrid looked down.

"Can we be friends again, at least allies?" Camicazi asked. There was a moment of awkward silence. Astrid looked over to me for advice. I just shrugged. This wasn't my decision.

"Yeah, I would like to start again." Astrid smiled. Then we all witnessed the most strangest thing. Both girls spat in their hand, handshaking each other and banging heads.

"Hey, they stole our move." Ruff complained.

"I knew that it would catch on!" Tuff smiled, highfiving Ruff.

"So are we leaving!" Fishlegs spoke p, making everyone turn to him.

"Look, if savage gets that scale before we do, he's probably going to wish to control all the dragons." Cami added.

"The dragons! Oh Thor, I completely forgot!" Astrid shouted.

"Smooth Astrid." Snotlout complained sarcastically.

"Shut it snot." Ruff whacked him off deck and into the sea.

"AHHH! Cold! Cold! Cold!" We heard from below as he began climbing back up the ship. He hoped back on board as we all looked at him shivering. "No way! I'm staying here! You guys can go! For all I care, freeze." Snotlout shivered, running back to the cabin.

"Thieves islands ahead!" A crew member called.

"Hoist sails!" Camicazi ordered as people ran around.

"What's happening?" Astrid asked.

"We can't find the edge, we are going to get some help." Camicazi answered.