Chapter 17 - The Legend

--------------------
Astrid's POV:
--------------------

Me and Hiccup watched out the bars, onto the ship where men ran back and forth, pulling ropes, moving barrels and hoisting sails. Camicazi, looked back and forth as one hand held a rope which stopped her from falling off a barrel. She swung from side to side as the rain poured down and the sea growled.

"Come on! Come on!" She encouraged everyone as they pulled at the ropes harder.

"The sooner this is over the sooner we head to the Isle of mist!" She yelled out which was followed by a cheer from the crew.

"Iiiiieee!!!" They all cheered, raising their fists.

"Isle of mist?" Hiccup asked himself.

"Oooo I love the Isle of mist!" Tuffnut smile.

"Yeah! Remember I nearly drowned you there!" Ruff laughed.

"What's the Isle of mist?" I asked.

"It's an island you go to for a holiday. It doesn't actually have any mist but there is so much mead there, people start seeing mist." Snotlout answered.

"Ship ahead!" We heard a sailor call, drawing my attention to look back through the bars. Camicazi walked over to him, snatching the spyglass out of his hand and looking through it herself.

"It's the outcasts." She grumbled under her breath. What are the outcasts doing here? Aren't they back at outcast island where I was rescued. "Battle stations!" She yelled, shaking the rain,out of her hair. The crew hurried back and forth, preparing cannons.

"You think they have a head start?" The first mate asked her.

"Of course not! We have the dragon rider!" Camicazi responded before going out of my view. What does she mean the dragon rider? What do we have to do with this?!

"Ahhhhhh!" The crew yelled viciously as we caught up to the outcasts.

"What you gonna do now Savage?!" Camicazi smiled, standing on a barrel to make herself seem higher as she pointed her sword at him. He stood on the ship beside us shaking his head.

"No, what are you going to do? We have a Flightmare!" Savage yelled back.

"Get him." Camicazi ordered quietly. The first mate approached us, opening the bars and coming in. I moved away, trying not to be stepped on. He grabbed hiccup by the arm, dragging him out of the cabin and onto the deck.

"Let go!" He struggled but the man refused.

"Hiccup!" I worried. He was dragged into the rain where Camicazi stood him on a barrel.

"You might have the Flightmare, but we have the dragon rider!!!" Camicazi yelled, earning a loud cheer from the crew.

"The edge is the prise! Nothing matters unless we have a Wondereye scale!" Savage yelled back.

"Then be scared savage! Our ship is the fasted in the archipelago!" Camicazi grinned.

"We'll see about that!" Savage finished, as he went to take the wheel.

"Forward sails! All men to their posts! We need more rope!" Camicazi ordered as the crew started rushing around again. "Put him back with the others, we don't need him yet." Camicazi ordered as the first mate threw Hiccup back beside me.

"Hey! Watch it, only got one leg!" Hiccup complained.

"And I've only got one arm!" The first mate replied in his deep voice before slamming the bars shut on us again and locking them

"I don't understand. Why do they want you Hiccup?" I asked.

"I-I don't know." He rubbed his head.

"I do..." Fishlegs mumbled.

"Fishlegs, what are you keeping?" Hiccup turned to him as we all did.

"Well, you know, myths and legends. It's nothing, there's no way it's true anyway." Fishlegs chuckled nervously.

"Fishlegs..." I crossed my arms until he gave in.

"Okay there was this legend that you could have a wish granted if you found a dragon scale." He began, nervously.

"That's easy." Hiccup rolled his eyes.

"It's really not that easy. You need a great Wondereye scale. According to legend this dragon is the king of all dragons, even greater than a king. A huge dragon with scales as yellow as gold. Once you have a scale it needs three things. The scale needs to be scratched by the claw on a skullion, needs to be blasted with the mist of a Flightmare and be touched by the staff of the first dragon rider." He explained.

"I don't have a staff." Hiccup looked at me. I just shrugged.

"So Camicazi and Savage want this 'scale'." Tuffnut checked.

"Bingo!" Snotlout smiled at him.

"So that's where we are heading now?" Ruffnut complained.

"Well the legend says the the great Wondereye lives at the edge of the world." Fishlegs explained.

"We are going off the edge of the world?!" Tuff jumped up.

"Well, goodbye Berk." Ruff sounded uninterested.

"We need to get off this ship! Or the edge of the world is going to swallow us all!" Snotlout worried.

"For once in my life Snotlout, I completely agree.