Chapter 85

Blake

When Liam drove me home earlier this morning so I could change before going to class, I expected Agatha to be mad as hell. 
With everything going on right now, I did not even call her to ask for her permission to spend the night with Liam yesterday. Instead, I fell asleep in the safety of his arms. 

"Blake! You're here!" Instead of yelling at me as I thought she would, she rushed to me with an expression on her face I could not decipher. 

"I'm so sorry, I forgot to call you. I know I should have-"

"You got your acceptance to Harvard!" My eyes widened when she handed me a letter, a huge smile plastered on her lips. I looked down and stared at the paper that did not mean anything to me anymore. My eyes met Liam's and he stared at me with a look of concern. 

"I am so proud of you, Blake." Joy radiated from Agatha's face and Richard stepped next to her.

"Congratulations, Blake." 

"Thank you." It was all I could manage to say. I did not want to tell them the news now... I just wanted to keep it a secret... 

"I... I should go now, I don't want to be late for school." I waved goodbye and Liam and I walked back to his car. 

He stayed silent for a moment and then, he broke the silence. 

"Does... Does it change anything?" He asked hesitantly.

"No," I answered immediately. "I still want to keep this child."

"I know... But you could still go to Harvard, I'm sure we could find a solution so you're not forced to stop studying. My mother and I could help, I'm sure even Agatha would-"

"No, I don't want anyone else to raise our child. This is what I want, Liam. I've never been so sure in my entire life. Hell, I didn't even know what I wanted to do before I found out that I was pregnant. I applied to universities without even knowing what I wanted to do with my life. But now things have changed. I want to take care of my baby, I want to be here for it. I couldn't care less about Harvard."

Liam nodded silently and his eyes fell on the road again. His right hand reached for my thigh and gently stroked my skin. My hand moved to my belly and a small smile formed on my lips. 

We both stayed silent until we reached the school. 

And here I am, only a few hours later, sitting in the cafeteria with Tom, forced to watch my brother raving about his acceptance to Harvard and how happy he is about what the future holds for us. 

"So? Have you been accepted to Harvard too?" His smile is huge and bright and my heart sinks at the idea of shattering his hopes. 

"Yeah, I just received it."

"Gosh, that's amazing! I knew we could both make it!" 

"Yeah, about that... Hmm... I'm not gonna go to Harvard."

"What?" Tom's eyes go wide and his smile disappears in an instant. "Why is that? We talked about it, I thought this was what we both wanted."

"That's what I thought too but... Things have changed."

"What could have possibly changed? Is it about Liam? Does he want you to stay here?" He stares at me with an accusatory look and I just hate the way he often tries to compete with Liam. 

I really don't want to tell him that I'm pregnant. I know I'm not ready yet. 
And how would he react anyway? 
He'd probably tell me that I'm wasting my life, that I deserve better. That I shouldn't be with someone like Liam... 
No, he wouldn't understand.