Chapter 43

I pushed the door open and walked in. 

My eyes instantly lay on Blake. 

She was sleeping, an infusion system connected to her. I closed the door without taking my eyes off her. 

It hurts. 
It hurts so much. 

I slowly walked towards her, my heart thumping, my arms trembling and I stopped right next to her. 
I froze. 

"Oh Blake." I whispered, slowly taking a seat next to her. "Why didn't you talk to me?" A silent tear fell down my cheek while I realized everything she must have been through. "I could have helped you go through this." I closed my eyes, more tears streaming down my face. 

She chose to end her life rather than tell me the truth and it kills me. 
She didn't trust me. 

I should have known.
I should have seen something was wrong. 

It all makes sense now... 
Why she was so shy... Why she didn't want me to touch her. 

Why she often looked so... Sad. 

How could she hide this from me? How could she live like that? 

She fed me with lies, hell she told me she was safe when he was here. And here I thought her mother was the danger. 
But it was nothing compared to him

Thinking of what he did to her... I can't. It hurts too much. 
It breaks me. 
I just want to make him suffer just like he made her suffer. 
But I know I can't, I have to be here for her, I can't leave her side now. 

I took her hand in mine and stared at her. 
She looks so peaceful. 

A sleeping beauty. 

Her hand is so small compared to mine, Blake is so innocent, so fragile. 

How could she handle a monster like him? 
How could she go back to that damn house?

All those times she didn't come to school... Was it because of him?

Did she lie about being sick? 

Thinking about that, it fills me with anger. 

I should have told her how much I love her.
I should have covered her with love every single day. 

I should have told her over and over how I felt about her.

I should have showed her how much she means to me.
Maybe she would have trusted me enough to tell me. 

"Why did you do this to me?" I looked at her sleeping face, stroking her hand. "I can't bear to live without you. Don't you know that? What would my life be without you? How could I go on if you died?"

Seems like she was more afraid of telling me what she was going through than going back to him. 
And it breaks me. 

Why was she so scared? Did she think I would reject her? 

I bit my bottom lip in pain, my vision blurry with tears. 

I stayed still for hours, staring at her through the faint light of the hospital room, my mind going crazy with so many unanswered questions. 

Until she opened her eyes.

She saw me and immediately closed her eyes again but I could see the silent tears falling down her cheeks and it tore my heart. 

I squeezed her hand gently, I needed to make her understand that I would not let her down. 
Ever.

"I'm here now. And I won't let anyone touch you again." I stated as calmly as possible.