Chapter 3

It's been a year now since John raped me that horrible night. And if at first I thought it was a one time thing, I was terribly wrong. I can't count the number of times he came into my bedroom since.

I tried to fight once, but it didn't end well for me. He hit me and that night, he was rougher than ever. So, I've learned my lesson. 

There's nothing I can do, he's too strong, too powerful. He scares me to death. Each time, he would remind me that he'd kill me if I told anyone. So I shut up. 

I shut up and I deal with his desires.

I have no one to tell anyway. Since Tyler lied about me, I have no friends anymore. That day, I shut myself down, stopping me from feeling anything.

I'm just a shadow. 

Whatever I'm good with that, it's not like I want to talk to anyone. I have nothing to say anyway. I'm no one. I'm useless. John broke me. 

He broke my heart, my mind, my soul.

And each time I hear him come into my bedroom, it breaks me more and more, and there's nothing I can do.

I know now that I'm a lost soul. I will never love anyone. My heart is broken, there's no place for someone else in there. I don't even love myself, how could I ever love anyone else?

And I will never be loved. That's impossible. 

I'm ugly and useless. 

Who wouldn't be disgusted at the thought of touching me?

Who would accept me as I am? I have so many flaws.

No one.

No one will ever love me.

My life has no meaning. 

I was brought here just to be my mother's punching bag and satisfy John's desires.

That's my fate and I accepted it. 

But I know that someday, I will get out of here. I will get out of this hell by myself.

I'm smart, I'll manage to get a scholarship and then I'll go far away.

I'll change my identity if I have to, but I won't stay here until I die.

I won't stay here until either my mother  or John beats me to death .

No.

I know I can do this.

It's my only hope, the only light in my grey life.

*****

"I'm so disappointed, most of you have terrible grades." The teacher stated. "This is not acceptable. That's why I've decided that the students with the best grades are going to help those who have some difficulties." 

Great. I thought. Now I have to socialize. 

After a long list of names, she looked at me with concern in her eyes. "Blake, you're gonna help Liam." 

What?! No! No way! Never.

"What the fuck?!" Liam exclaimed. "I don't need anyone! I don't give a-" 

"Mr Cole please watch your mouth!" She interrupted him.

He crossed his arms and looked at me with pure hatred in his eyes.

As if it was my fault. Tss.

I looked down, Liam is the kind of man I never wanted to approach.