Chapter 14

Liam 

It's been 5 days since our last talk, since she told me she needed 'some space'. 

I lied to her, I didn't tell her the truth when she asked about Vince, when she asked about what I do outside school and still she doesn't want to talk to me anymore. I can't imagine how she would have reacted if I had told her the truth. That I'm a dealer, that I'm Vince's right hand, that I kill people. 

Who was I kidding? It was obvious she wouldn't want to talk to me. Blake is smart and she wouldn't want to get close to someone who does illegal activities, no matter what kind of activities we're talking about. 

I thought we could be friends but real friendships are based on honesty and the least I can say is that I'm not honest with her. I hide so many things from her while she told me her bigger secret. 

I better stay away from her. 

"I sold all the dope." Jay came out of nowhere, making me come back to reality. 

"Great. Let's go to my place, we can play some Call of Duty." Yeah, this is how I want to spend my Saturday night. 

"Sorry bro but I'd rather find some chick. I mean you have Joane but me... I still have to hunt." He shrugged. "And I've heard our dear Tom is throwing a party tonight... We can invite ourselves." He said lighting a cigarette.  "Plus, I've heard your weirdo will be there."

"I don't care about her." I stated coldly.

"That's good because I've heard Steve wants to date her." He looked at me and smirked, probably wanting to see my reaction but I remained impassive. 

"So? Will you come with me or not?"

"Ok. I'm in." I threw away my cigarette and started to walk towards my car. 

"Hey Liam." I heard Joane, standing behind me. She lives here, in the trailer park so we often see each other when I come here.

"Hey Jay. What are you two doing?" 

"We're going to Tom's party." Jay answered. 

"Great! I was planning on going too!" 

"Then let's go, what are we waiting for?" I asked before heading to my car. 

When we arrived at Tom's place, the least I can say is that he was not very happy to see us. I mean we're definitely not friends. Tom is a popular guy while we... Well let's say we don't really talk to each other.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, surprised. 

"We heard that you were having a little party, we thought we would come too." Jay stated calmly. I could see Tom was not really comfortable, standing in front of us, he probably fears us.

"Come on, we just want to have fun." Joane exclaimed, probably trying to reassure him. 

He sighed. "Fine, you can come in but, no drama in my house." 

"Of course" I reassured him while coming into his house.

Well, 'house' is an understatement. 'Mansion' would be more appropriate. Apparently, his father is a famous businessman and he's never home, that's why Tom is having so many parties. The bastard lives all alone here. I bet I would do the same if I were him. 

We made our way into the living room, the house was full of drunk students, inside and outside. You can see the garden and the pool through the window. As I said, it's a pretty big house. 

My eyes instantly scanned the room, searching for Blake. Jay said she would be here. And then I spot her, a drink in her hand, talking to Steve. 

The jerk.