Chapter 28

3 weeks later

"Tom and I did it!" Jen was proud to tell us that she and Tom had finally made love.

We were in the garden, far from the loud music and the other people who were partying that night at Tom's house. Joane and I were listening to her story closely. 

"Finally, it's about time." Joane stated, crossing her arms and smirking. 

"You know, some girls love to play hard to get, unlike you." Jen replied.

"Oh nothing is more fun than sex honey." 

I looked down and tried not to think about what Joane was saying. To me, sex is far from being fun and I honestly don't think I will ever find any pleasure in it.  

"It was perfect." Jen blushed, "Tom is perfect."

"I bet he's not as good as Vince." Joane likes to annoy Jen every time she can. "Or Liam. Oh God Liam is a God of sex." I frowned, not wanting to picture Liam and Joane sharing the same bed, though I can't blame her, I told her I didn't feel anything for him anymore and she seemed to believe me. 

She had asked me no longer after Tyler kidnapped me and I had felt the need to lie. I didn't want her to pity me, or to think I'm stupid for loving someone who will obviously never loves me back. 

So I just lied. 

"What about you Blake?" Joane asked. "When are you going to take the next step with Steve?" 

"I won't." I said sadly. "We broke up yesterday." 

"What?!" They both exclaimed in unison. 

"But I thought everything was perfect." Jen said in disbelief. 

"It was not." I said remembering last night's events. 

"Do you want to come to my place?"  I had sent him a text. 

I was alone at home, I couldn't stop thinking about Liam and it was driving me crazy not to be able to get him out of my mind. 

I miss him so much. 

Steve had tried multiple times to proceed to the next step but I always denied him. There was even a time when we almost did it, he had started to undress me but I had stopped him, panic filling me instantly. 

I could see he was dying to do it. 

So last night, alone at home, thinking about Liam and about Steve, I decided to stop torturing myself.

After all Steve saved me, I thought. He was nice and seemed to care for me. 
And everyone at school seemed to sleep with their boyfriend/girlfriend just like it was a normal thing, so why not me? 

Maybe this was what I needed? Maybe this would help me forget about Liam? Maybe this is why things didn't work with Tyler in the first place? 

That's all it took me to send him this text and obviously he was eager to join me. 

As soon as he arrived, I told him that I thought I was ready. 

He didn't waste a minute.

He took my hand and we made our way to my bedroom where he started to kiss me roughly.

He started to undress me, everything was happening so fast, I didn't think it would be like that, I thought we would take our time but Steve didn't seem to think like me.