Chapter 2- Portorosso

"Wow! I forgot how warm and pretty it is here!" Giulia said as she walked on to the concrete train station floor.

Luca started to look around, taking in all of the things around him. Memories of last summer instantly rushed through his mind, especially when he left for Genova. That was the last time he had seen everyone he loved, and today was the day that he could finally see them all again!

Giulia was right. Portorosso really was a beautiful place. The sunlight that beamed down on Luca and Giulia was so warm and inviting. Anyone who stepped foot on the train station would instantly feel at ease from the warm and relaxing feel. Luca felt so different as soon as he stepped foot in Portorosso. He always enjoyed the big and bright atmosphere in Genova, but it was much different in Portorosso. The atmosphere was much more relaxed and laid back. People were standing in the back, anxiously looking for their loved ones to exit the train doors. There were people sitting together, playing cards and checkers. Kids were happily running around, giggling as they chased each other. In Genova, everything felt so much more strict and timely. There were certain things that Luca could do in Portorosso that he couldn't do in Genova; he could just relax more then he ever could before.

Luca walked forward, following Giulia as she looked around for her family. No sign of them yet, Luca thought. To be honest, he was quite surprised on the amount of people that were there. Sure, there was a crowd, if you could even call it a "crowd." There were maybe 30 people at most, and most of them weren't even waiting for anyone to return. Back in Genova, it seemed like the train station was always packed with people, even when it wasn't a holiday. Luca laughed and moved on, remembering that he wasn't in Genova anymore.

He was in Portorosso.

"They might just be running a bit late, we can always just take a break and wait here," Giulia said.

Luca nodded his head and smiled, before running off to the edge of the train station. Giulia laughed, knowing exactly what he was going to do.

Luca opened his eyes wide as he looked out at the water surrounding him. The island, he thought. This is where it all started.

Luca couldn't wait to go back there. Or maybe they wouldn't go back? Luca was curious about the island. Did Alberto continue to hang out there? Probably not, it wouldn't be very fun alone. Luca would enjoy hanging out over there with Alberto again, even if they didn't need to. Last year, the town had accepted Luca and Alberto as one of their own, so there was really no need to continue to hang out on the island. Still, Luca was always brought back to that small, homey island. It brought him a sense of nostalgia; it all started there after all.

Luca was lost in his thoughts so much that he didn't notice Giulia yelling his name from across the room. He kept on staring at the beautiful sea that he didn't even notice Giulia grabbing him by the arm.

"H-hey what are you-"

"Luca! Cmon silly, I've been trying to get your attention, but you were too busy staring at your island," Giulia said with a chuckle.

"Oh, my bad. What did you want?" Luca asked.

Giulia shook her head, "Santa ricotta Luca. Your family! They're here!"

Luca instantly jumped up in excitement and ran out of Giulia's embrace, causing her to trip and fall onto the floor. Luca stopped midway through his sprint to turn around. "Sorry Giulia!" Luca said before running back the other end of the train station.

Giulia laughed and stood back up. "That boy.."

Luca couldn't contain his excitement. He was giggling like a little kid as he didn't even care. He was just so happy to see his family again..

Luca slowed down as he saw 3 silhouettes emerge from the shadows. Luca could instantly tell who it was before even seeing their faces.

It was his family..

(AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I know this is a shorter chapter, I hope that's ok! I have another and much bigger chapter releasing later today. I really hope more people manage to see this story, because I really am spending a lot of time on it. Stay awesome!

-Marx