Chapter 28- Offer Accepted

"What?.." Alberto asked. He was stunned at what his father had just suggested.

"I asked... would you maybe want to go to school with Luca and Giulietta next week?"

Alberto was at a loss for words. He never thought that someone would want him to go to school. Alberto always felt like he just wasn't as smart as everyone else, which made him hesitant to even consider going to school. In all honesty, he was afraid of it; he was afraid of stepping into an entirely new environment just like that. One on hand, it meant he would be able to go with Luca, which was probably the main reason why Alberto would even consider going to school. On the other hand, though, Alberto just didn't feel like he would fit in, especially with Giulia and Luca seemingly knowing a lot more than he did. He just didn't want to feel like the dumb kid that his father always said he was.

"I don't know.." Alberto said. "I.. don't know if I would fit in very well.."

Although Giulia was already aware of her father's plans, Luca was just as surprised as Alberto. He desperately wanted Alberto to accept the offer, knowing that if he did, Alberto would never be away from Luca. They wouldn't have to go through the trouble of leaving each other for a year all over again.

"I'm not going to force you to do anything Alberto," Massimo said comfortingly. "I think it would be nice for you to go to school, so you can learn like other kids your age."

The idea didn't actually seem that bad to Alberto. Maybe it would benefit him to learn from school.

"Plus, you'll be with Luca and Giulietta, you wouldn't have to miss them at all!"

Alberto knew this fact, and it definitely was tempting. If the school was in Portorosso, then Alberto would definitely accept the offer. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. He would have to travel to a whole different city, one that he's never even seen before. The new environment was the main thing that worried Alberto.

"I think you'd do great with us!" Giulia added. "When I first went to Genova, I was sooo scared! But then I got used to it more., and well... it actually turned out to be a pretty awesome place.."

Alberto nodded and contemplated the thought for a bit. Maybe Giulia is right..

"Me and Luca will always be there to help you Al. We'll be by your side 100 percent!" she promised.

"It's always going to be up to you," Massimo exclaimed. "You don't have to, but I think.. I know you would do great, Alberto."

What Massimo had just told Alberto was the polar opposite of what his father would tell him. His father would never encourage Alberto to do anything outside of his comfort zone, so now that someone was actually pushing him towards that, he started to consider accepting the offer.

Alberto looked at Luca. "What do you think, Luca?"

Luca didn't say anything at first. He knew he couldn't force Alberto to come with, but he definitely wanted him to.

"I think it would be nice.." Luca admitted. "I wouldn't have to lose you again.."

The pain in Luca's voice was all Alberto needed to know that Luca was really serious about this.

They wanted him to come with. It only encouraged Alberto further, far enough where he think he'd made up his mind.

Alberto smiled, "Okay Luca..."

Everyone around the table looked confused. "Okay what?" Giulia asked.

"I'll do it... yeah! I'll do it!" Alberto said confidently.