Part Thirty-Three: The Party

Lucy's POV:
Everyone seems drunk as shit. I mean they yelled surprise and Jamie pretended to be happy but you can kind of see the annoyance on his face. Jamie starts introducing me to people and I can tell who is Jamie's friend and who's Tyler's. I get introduced to like half the crowed and honestly it's a lot of people. I think Tyler invited like 200 people. After a while of meeting people Jamie lightened up but I got the feeling Kate and Tyler invited a lot of girls that they wanted Jamie to date and honestly I wasn't really interested in meeting them.

L: hey I'm going to get another drink.

Jamie seemed taken back.

J: umm ok.

He gives me a slight hug and I make my way over to the girls and sit down.

Jess: hey girl.

L: hii girlies.

Andrea: you ok?

L: yeah of course! Just needed a break from all the hellos.

Andrea is Ben Bishops wife and honestly I think Ben and Andrea were Jamie's only friends here besides a few others.

Andrea: yeah Tyler invited a lot of people....

I laugh a little then yawn. I haven't slept since idk when anymore and I am tired but I don't want to just leave this party without saying goodbye to Jamie and honestly I don't know where he is in the sea of people. I just sit and hangout with the girls as Jamie makes his rounds.

I can't help but think maybe Jamie won't fit into my life style. All the people I met tonight don't seem like they would. I haven't really shown Jamie who I am. I've shown him the good side. He hasn't met my other friends and family who are kind of crazy. He's never really hangout with me in public. I need to stop thinking.

It's 2am and I can feel myself wanting to fall sleep so I text Tyler. He replied a second later saying he's with my cousins who live in Dallas. I ask if they can pick me up and send them the address. They said they would be there in 30min.  I talk to the girls and Jordie and Ben. After like 20min I see Jamie in the corner of my eye. I felt bad for leaving him but I also couldn't talk to more people. I am so tired.

—————————————————
Jamie's POV:
Lucy said she was getting a drink but never came back. I feel so bad. I know she doesn't want to meet all of these girls who give her dirty looks and the guys hit on her. I try to defend her but I know she doesn't want people to know we are dating yet. After saying hi to some more people I see Lucy on the couch with Jess and Andrea. She looks tired. I try to start making my way over there but people keep on trying to talk. I see Lucy on her phone. She looks up and she sees me and says something to the group and makes her way over to me. I excuse myself from whoever I was talking to.

L: hey sorry just needed a second.

J: no worries I get it. It's a lot of people.

L: yeah.

She starts playing with her rings.

J: come here.

I start walking inside and she follows. We get inside.

L: Jamie?

J: what's wrong babe?

L: I've been thinking.

Somethings wrong.

J: what's wrong?

L: I really like you and I don't want you to take this the wrong way