Part Forty-Seven: The Plans

- July 2020 -

Lucy's POV:

It has been about a month since Jamie asked me to marry him. 

I still can not believe that he did that. My parents had just left to go visit my uncle Rick and Aaron in Austin. 

Jamie had also just got the news at the end of June that starting August first they are going to go into the NHL bubble. 

Which is exciting because Jamie and the guys get to play hockey again but it is also sad because I won't be able to see Jamie for like two months depending on how long they stay in there with playoffs and everything. 

Jamie never really stopped training since the games had ended. He has been waiting for this moment. He even tweeted back in May.

He was trying to grow out his hair too but he asked me to cut it before he proposed

He was trying to grow out his hair too but he asked me to cut it before he proposed. He also trimmed up his beard and decided once he got the news to stop trimming and growing it out for the playoffs. 

He has been training two times a day with Jason and Tyler ever since they heard about the bubble. The Stars had allowed for the players to access the rink but not all of the guys were back in Dallas at the beginning of July so it was just the three of them until the others were cleared to return back on the ice. 

Since Tyler and Jamie saw each other Alex and I figured it was fine for us to see each other too. Tyler and Alex had moved in with each other about 2 months ago but we never saw each other until pretty much a few days after the engagement since that's when the Stars had allowed for the boys to train. 

Alex and I honestly don't do much. I vlog as she podcasts and we go stupid youtube challenges and honestly just fool around as the guys work. 

I mean we also work but not as much as them lol. 

Alex: Sooooo how does it feel to be engaged?

L: Like weird but in a good way. Idk I have been so happy. 

Alex: I am so happy for you like yall are so cute together. 

L: how about you? How are you and Tyler doing?

Alex: I think I freak him out. 

I laugh. 

L: What do you mean?

Alex: well like you know my podcast used to be about like sex and dating. 

L: yeah...

Alex: well I don't think he knew that. 

L: ohh..

Alex: Yeah so when Sofia and I split and I started taking over the podcast, my first recording was in his basement.

L: OMG Al what did you say?

Alex: NOTHING BAD! So you know for a while we would just talk through like Facetime and Zoom so like as a nickname I called him "Mr Sexy Zoom Man"