Part Seven: The Secret

Jamie's POV

I was pouring the wine and honestly I've never felt this comfortable with anyone before. I look around the kitchen for a place to sit but I figured it was probably easier if we sat on the couch.

I could tell that even with the generator on she was still nervous about the storm so I figured we could watch a movie or something since there was no reason for me to sleep and for some reason I didn't want to. I could stay up with this girl all night and still want to talk.

She comes over with the plate of food and we talk for a bit and she says something about my diet and I think it's funny because I'm not really on one.

J: you want to know a secret?

L: sure😂

J: I'm not on a diet. I never have been 😂 but I'm flattered that you think I am 😂

L: that's crazy. I think you are the only person that I know who is an athlete and isn't on a strict diet.

J: I mean I watch what I eat sometimes but I eat what I want in moderation and make sure I'm active and work on my skills

L: that's impressive. I'm going to google you once my phone is charged 😂

J: oh god please don't. The press hates me. They like to talk about my teammates more.

L: why's that? You are a pretty interesting guy. Why keep yourself a secret from the world?

J: I don't know just don't like the media. They kinda just want to find flaws and write about them. They rarely talk about the good and I don't see any point in giving them an opportunity to find a fault in me.

L: and what are some of those faults?

J: as you can see I'm not the most athletically built guy. I don't really know how to talk to the press so I just keep it short. I'm not a player so they don't really ask about that and it's not like I'm the best looking.

L: well just because you're not jacked doesn't mean you're ugly. It just means there is more to love and talking to cameras takes practice and for the player part. That's a good thing. Don't let them change you on that. But I can tell you one thing. You are not ugly😉

Why does she do that. Why does she flirt and make me fall for her but then put her walls back up. I want to get to know her and see the person she's hiding from the world.

She looks at the screen. I was looking at all the movies on Netflix.

L: so what should we watch?

J: up to you princess.

L: don't call me that! But to answer your question let's watch...

She continues to look at the screen as I continue to scroll through.

L: let's watch fast and the furious.

She looks at me with her brown eyes for approval. Jesus she's pretty. Even without makeup on.

J: ya sounds good that's my favourite movie.

L: that's crazy me too!

I put the movie on and Lucy starts to eat the Mac and cheese.

I take a bit and I am can't help but moan.

She looks over and laughs.

L: good?

I can't even respond I just take another bit and nod my head.

L: that's good to hear.

J: what did you put in here crack??

L: no I didn't 😂 it's my mom recipe. I ate it growing up. I'm glad you like it.

J: you're going to have to teach me how to make this because I don't know if I can live without knowing.

L: ahaha sounds good. We don't want you dying anytime soon 😉

She's perfect I can't stop smiling when she talks to me.

She has something about her I can't get enough of.

She looks back at the screen and watches the movie.

We sit in silence for awhile and the sounds of the movie drowns out the noises of the storm. I look over and see her slowly falling asleep. I wait until she seem fully asleep before I grab the blanket on the couch and cover her.

I'm honestly not sure what she has over me but there is something special about her. I can just feel it. She is everything I've looked for in a girl and more. I just don't know how to go about it with my mom and her aunt trying to set us up.

It's 5am I guess I should probably get some sleep before everyone wakes up. I go to put the dishes in the sink and wash them before putting them on the drying wrack. I walk over to one of the rooms to find another blanket and thankfully it is on the bed. I lay on the other side of the couch and close my eyes.

J: Goodnight Lucy.