Part Thirdy-Four: The Silence

Lucy's POV:

After telling Jamie I wanted to slow things down he did not seem happy. Which I understand he just doesn't understand that I don't want to hurt him.

This is something I've always done to all the guys I've decided to date. I guess I'm a little crazy but once you get to where I am in my career I need to know how my significant other is going to react in situations. And how they react tells me a lot about them.

After the whole situation. I get into the car with my cousins and Tyler and we go out for a bit before I head back to my hotel.

I wake up the next morning and there are no messages or anything from Jamie. I decide to just give it sometime and go about my day. It's only Monday and we don't leave Dallas until Tuesday. I haven't signed anything for the companies here in Dallas yet. Honestly I still wasn't really sure about moving here. I wanted to go back for Toronto and expand my company there so that I would be closer to my family. But they want to move here. I mean I could always visit here. I have a week to decide on the distribution and warehouse so I'll just set up another meeting with them later.

———— Monday night ————

I text Jamie.

L: hey the flight for LA leaves tomorrow you want us to pick you up so that your car isn't just sitting at the airport?

No response.

Weird... whatever maybe he's just busy.

I go to bed.

———— Tuesday morning ————

I check my phone.

No response.

I text him again.

L: hey the flight is moved to earlier. It's at 12 on the afternoon. Just let me know if you still want to come.

No response.

—————————————————
Jamie's POV:

Lucy has texted me about the flight to LA today but I don't know if I want to go anymore. I mean she broke up with me!!

After she left I got drunk with Tyler and some of the other guys and I turned around and saw Katie.

Katie: hey baby. Happy birthday. 

I don't know if I was drunk or upset or maybe both but I gave into her. Next think I know we were in the same bed together and we had sex.

It's 10am now on Wednesday and I get another text from Lucy.

L: hey umm I totally get it if you're mad at me I just want to know if you still want to come since the plan boards in 2 hours.

I don't really care about her anymore. I mean she fucked up. I have bigger things to worry about.

After my night with Katie. I really think that we could make it work.

I ignore Lucy. Whatever she's grown.

—————————————————
Lucy's POV: