Part Thirty-Two: The Wish Came True

Lucy's POV:

We had spent some time on the deck after having some of the cake. We were just getting to know each other. The sunset was beautiful. I mean it was the brightest orange and the sky was clear and the weather was warm.

J: hey why don't we go watch the sunset on the doc?

L: sure sounds like a good idea.

We had both stopped drinking wine and switched to water since we would have to drive back later.

We got down to the dock and it was beautiful. The sun would be setting soon so we didn't have time to fish. I take off my slides and dip my feet into the lake. Jamie does the same thing rolling up his pants a little so they don't touch the water.

I look over at him.

L: it's beautiful out here.

J: yeah it is. You look really pretty with this light right now.

I smile.

L: thank you. You look really handsome

J: hold on don't move.

I look at him.

He takes out his phone.

J: smile.

I smile and he takes a picture. I mean I don't mind taking pictures. I never took any with my ex well I don't even think he has pictures with me.

Jamie turns the phone around and he actually took a really good picture of me.

L: that's so cute.

I grab his phone.

L: come here.

I move so that im closer to him and he picks me up so that im in his lap.

I take a selfie of the two of us and it's so cute. He grabs the phone and looks at me and I can't help but laugh. We take a few more and they are so cute.

(Imagine these but with a sunset in the back)

L: do you care if I post a story of the sunset?

J: no go ahead. I just posted it when we were on the deck before.

I post the story and caption it with "HBD" I didn't put an @ or anything. We just sit there for a little bit and enjoyed each other's company. As the sun was just about to set Jamie looks at me.

J: hey.

L: hey.

J: can I ask you something?

L: of course.

He looks a little nervous.

J: so you know I really like you.

I nod.