Part Fourty: The Preperation

Jamie's POV:
It was December and the games have been going well. I mean we are still first in the league and have been on a 7 game winning streak.

It's getting close to Christmas and unfortunately, we don't have the time to go back to Canada to celebrate so Lucy and our families decided on staying in Dallas since I have a game on the 23rd in Dallas and Lucy's younger brother has a game on the 25th.

Lucy and I do not live together but we do live on the same street which is nice. I really love her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her but I know we need to take it slow since she is still only 25 and I am 29, so I don't want to rush her.

I was at her house helping her prepare some of the rooms since her parents, younger brothers, aunts, uncles and cousins were coming to stay at her house. Well, I guess they were going to divide themselves between Lucy's house and Connor's. Jordie was traded last month to the Vancouver Canucks so mom, Jen and the rest of the family are celebrating in Van as I stay here.

J: Babe do you want me to carry these boxes into the storage room?

Lucy pretty much is unpacked but there were a few boxes that I guess she hasn't gotten to.

L: Oh no just leave it there, that's just some stuff for my aunt and cousins.

I open the boxes and it was full of makeup and skincare

J: Did you buy all of this?

Lucy laughs a little

L: A few things but like 97% of all of this stuff is just stuff companies send me and I never get the chance to use them or I just don't want to use them so I let my family and friends take whatever they want and whatever is left over I donate.

J: Is that why Jen and Jess always want to come over here when they are in town?

L: I mean maybe? I don't think so though I never showed them these boxes. I usually let my mom get first dibs then whatever is left goes to everyone else. Jess and Jen usually just get whatever I am opening that day and do not enjoy

J: Ohh ok makes sense. Anything I can use in these boxes?

I sad that jokingly but I guess she actually did have stuff

L: Ummm YES! I got a whole bunch of workout stuff if you want to look at it! It is in the box in that corner. I was just going to let Devin and Vinny go through it but go nuts they don't need anymore things. Also if you find anything Jason would want bring it home for him.

J: Isn't this like girl stuff?

L: No the companies send me all types of things. Look through the boxes and take whatever! I mean think of it as payment for me making you help me assemble these beds.

I look into the box and it's full of men's Nike, Adidas, Puma, Under Armour, and Lululemon clothing, workout gear, water bottles, and other things.

I see some Lululemon shorts and a workout shirt that looks good and my size, I also see some in Jason's size

J: First off no payment needed, all I need is you to say I am the best boyfriend ever, but can I take these?

She looks up from fluffing the pillow.

L: HAHA you are the best but I would never say that! And yes! Did you look in the other boxes? I got some guy's sneakers too if you like them take them.

J: Shouldn't I save some of this stuff for your family?

Lucy starts laughing

L: Babe they have been getting free stuff for YEARSSSSS. It is ok if they don't get a few things