Part Forty-Five: The New Year

Lucy's POV:

It is Dec 31 2018 and we are at the Star's game in Dallas against Colorado. 

The game went into overtime and thankfully Jason scored the game-winning goal. There was about 10 min before midnight and the players had just left the ice. I kind of figured that Jamie and I wouldn't do the whole midnight kiss thing since he just exited the ice. I wasn't really close with any of the girls, however, I have been getting closer with Dominika, Radek Faksa's fiance, who had just moved to Dallas from the Czech Republic. We had a lot in common and she was super funny and sweet. I tried to get along with the other girls, but ever since the whole Tyler and kate thing, I don't think they want to be friends. I also don't really care. I mean they are all pretty catty and negative towards everything I do. I was even surprised Ben Bishop's wife Andrea was like that especially after getting to know her a little bit at Jamie's surprise party, but whatever. 

As Dominika were talking in the lounge I feel someone pick me up from behind and I look back and see Jamie in his hockey gear. 

L: Omg hi! What are you doing up here?

Faksa: Well we thought if we ran we would make it to give you guys a midnight kiss

Dominika: you guys are too cute. 

Dominika looks around and the others girls were waiting for their significant others too but I am assuming the other guys are celebrating the win. 

There was a min left before it was midnight and the TV in the lounge was turned on to the New Years' count down. 

L: Hey

Jamie looks down at me. 

J: Hey 

L: good game tonight. 

J: It really was. Jason was so happy after he scored his first overtime goal. 

L: Yeah we will have to take him out to celebrate after this. 

J: Yeah but let's do this first 

Jamie kisses me as soon as it counted down to one and I could hear the whole arena go crazy since it was now the new year. 

I open my eyes and look at Jamie and smile. 

He was all sweaty from the game. 

J: I love you. 

L: I love you more. 

He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. 

J: I really don't think that's possible. 

---- February 2020 ----

Lucy's POV:

It was a snowy day in Boston. 

Jamie and Tyler had invited me to go to Boston with them for this game since Tyler wanted to show us around where he used to play. I mean it has been a while since Tyler was the last playing in Boston, but they invited me so I went. 

The boys had landed a few hours before me since I wasn't able to be on the same plane as them. My cousin Alex Cooper was also in Boston for work so she ended up picking me up from the airport. 

We had some lunch and then went shopping. After a long day of shopping, we met up with Jamie and Tyler before the game for dinner. 

L: hey guys. 

J: hey babe, hey Big Al!

Alex: hey Jamie how's it going?

J: Good glad you guys could make it today.