Childish Tales

4-2 Idle Talk

"I want to get out of this place and go somewhere far away," Karl began, "that's not a bad thing. Being unhappy with one's current situation can lead to growth. Just don't let your discontentment run wild," he continued.

"You'll only end up suffering if you waste all your time... and strength on discontent, leaving you unable to move on. Dissatisfaction is nothing but a means to an end. If you don't eliminate it before it's too late... it will be difficult to deal with in the long run. Did that strike a chord with you?" he contemplated.

"Don't worry. It's never too late to take action. I know it's far tougher to take action... instead of just holding onto those feelings. Everyone wants someone to encourage them. I don't believe that's asking for too much," he explained.

"So... I'll be the one to support you. You'll be a changed person from here on out," Karl smiled.

Sapnap gave him a quick kiss in response.

"We'll support each other forever, Karl, you're here for me and I'm here for you," Sapnap added.
────

"Why won't this vague uneasiness about the future disappear? Is it that unusual for me to worry like this? When I'm here by myself, all I can do is think. I tend to overthink things quite a bit," Karl shared.

"For example... that you may stop coming here one day. I... I know... worrying about it won't solve anything. I can't ignore these thoughts forever, though. When I start feeling like that, I like to write out my feelings. I write as much as I can without stopping. It gives my vague uneasiness some sort of shape. Writing organizes my thoughts and keeps them at a distance. It helps me objectively look at the feelings," he explained.

"The ones I couldn't see because they were so close to me. After I do that... those worries seem to disappear. There's no point in worrying. It's easy to stop if I write, it appears there's a difference between thinking and writing. If you're ever bothered by your thoughts... writing them out may help you," Karl informed.

Sapnap nodded, it was a good idea, he never really thought about it like that, typically he'd just talk about his feelings to others he knew wouldn't share all his secrets. While he enjoys sharing his feelings with Karl, perhaps writing might just be better some days.
────

"You don't look so happy. Did something happen?"

Sapnap shook his head, avoiding Karl's gaze. Karl wasn't having it though, he pulled Sapnap against his chest and between his legs, placing his chin on his head.

"Bad things will happen as long as we're alive. But knowing that doesn't make them any less difficult to deal with. Perhaps you'd feel better if I gave you some words of encouragement," Karl declared.

"Sadly, I'm not the best at doing that. 'It's always darkest before dawn.' 'Tomorrow is another day...' I can't be sure of that at this point in time. Dawn may never come, and tomorrow may be the same as yesterday. I always have doubts like that. Those sayings may help if you've always been a positive person... but negative thinkers shouldn't feel pressured to change," Karl assured.

"At least that's what I think. You feel the same, right? You both love and hate how distressed you're feeling, I can't say that I completely understand you... but I may be able to help, if all I need do is stay by your side. If something bad ever happens, come see me. We can enjoy wallowing in our worries together," Karl chuckled.

Sapnap laughed, leaning into his touch after they shared a kiss. Karl was always there for him.