c1.02: seduced

Rich people had a lot of unnecessary money to waste

Because who needed to eat in silver utensils while all I wanted was a simple silver chain to hang around my neck? That was lavish.

“Careful, sweetie, don’t be loud,” Mum warned me from pouring my anger into a symphony made by those tools.

I cringed at the expression but continued to arrange the utensils in their respective drawers as quietly as possible. During so, the lady of the house, Mrs Kingston, entered the kitchen with her arm latched with the arm of a tall, bulky, silver-eyed, caramel-headed familiar guy.

Fúck. It was him. I quickly averted my gaze, trying to stay out of the picture as much as possible. We barely caught each other’s eyes.

“Ella, this is my son, Kai!” she chirped as if her son was some type of rare diamond. If only she knew how bad his manners were.

From my peripheral vision, I could notice the guy trying to spy on what I was doing. I still didn’t budge or show myself.

“Melanie! Come say hi, dear,” Mum called.

Of course, she did. I fidgeted with my fingers, and my toes curled and uncurled. My heart raced in my chest at a pace I couldn’t register. I slowly turned around, meeting the silver-grey eyes of Mrs Kingston, from where Kai probably inherited his eyes. Her hair was done in a low, elegant bun, and her body fit in a knee-length grey dress.

I took a brief moment to myself to quickly scan the guy. Attractive in neat hair and a pearly smile, indeed. His charisma was overbearing. That was the guy who walked in on me releasing my sexual frustration...

“I’m Melanie Angel González. Nice to meet you, and thanks for taking us in,” I said as mum taught me to say.

The woman beamed at me while her son looked me up and down, searching his memory for an image of me. The arsehole! I knew he remembered once his eyes stopped on my chest, which was wide and open for him early in the day, and smirked.

“What a lovely girl with a lovely name you have, Ella. How old are you, Melanie?”

I smiled politely, fidgeting with my fingers still. “Nineteen.”

“Kai is a university junior, but he is a year late, so he is about twenty-two. He—”

He finally revealed his voice, “Mum, there is no need to info-dump. I’m sure that doesn’t interest her.”

His mum blinked at his sudden outburst then cleared her throat. “Well then, you can go to your room and catch up with your studies, honey. I’ll send dinner up to you.”

The guy nodded. He walked closer to me, knowing very well what his presence did to my nervous system. “Nice to meet you, Melanie.”

Was it legal to say my name in such a sensual way in the presence of our mothers? I didn’t think so because the knot in my abdomen said it all.