c3.26: dared

Massie and I were drunk

Ryan, Jay, and Jason were wasted.

Kim and Kai hadn’t come out.

“Melllll!” Ryan slurred.

I lifted my legs off the water and walked over to my brother. He was sprawled on the tiled ground by the pool with Jason and Jay, all topless in swimming shorts. A variety of tan, freckled, and dark skin laid in front of me.

I crouched down to their level. “What do you want?” I smirked at the sight of their chests. Well, except my brother’s.

“Jason claims he has more prominent abs than me!” Jay said in disbelief. “Can you believe that?”

I feigned shook and gasped. “Jason, is that true?”

The redhead smirked and slapped his rock-hard chest proudly. “Come feel them yourself.”

Normally, I’d have said no. However, in that drunk moment under the colourful lights around the pool and my boyfriend’s absence, I complied. Maybe I hoped Kai would walk on us and feel jealous as he made me feel. I crawled closer to the guy and crouched down to his chest level. I let my finger slide over his pale, freckled skin. I felt the rise and fall of his chest and the echoes of his hammering heart. His skin was warm, unlike my icy finger.

“My turn!” Jay pushed his friend away and took my hand to place it on his chest.

I did the same movements on his dark skin, except Jay was ticklish and giggled under my touch. Ryan was last.

“Results?” Ryan inquired.

I swallowed. They were equally attractive, and in all honesty, I didn’t care about their abs anyways. Nonetheless, maybe I could side a little with someone for giving me a valuable piece of info. “Jason’s,” I answered.

Jay and Ryan wanted to throw a tantrum, but I had got up and left before I could hear it. If Kai were there, I’d definitely make him win, but he wasn’t. Even then, I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I fished my phone out and sent him a quick text.

‘I wish you dropped your ego and were with us tonight. You hurt me. I’m sure Massie is upset with you too.’

The excessive movement caused my head to swirl; I had to rest. The chilly breeze hit my exposed arms and froze in place the silent tear that was about to leave my eyes. I sighed in gratitude. I hugged myself, rubbed my skin, and soon grabbed a blanket on some chair to shield my body.

I spotted the birthday girl by the pool. “Massie,” I called.

She stopped playing with the pool water with her hand. She looked childish. “Hmm?”

I sat beside her and put my legs in the water again, forgetting I was getting cold. “Happy birthday again,” I slurred with a childlike smile.

She giggled. “Thank you! I enjoyed my time with you guys very much.”