♡ thanks + morals + q&a

First and foremost, I’m dearly thankful for Josie, Kaida, Luca, & Maria for being loyal readers of this book. They stuck with me till the end and motivated me to keep posting and believe in this book ♡

I’m also thankful to Jeremy because even though he doesn’t read mature stories, he still supported this story ♡

Thanks to Mia for encouraging me and beta-reading every chapter before it was released, hence helping me provide better content from the get-go ♡

Thanks to Kalhi for being an awesome reviewer and helping me with her honesty and criticism. Her reviews were such a helpful resource for me ♡

And lastly, to any reader who comes later and reaches this point of the book, thanks to you too! I appreciate every vote and comment I receive ♡

While writing this story, I had multiple morals I wanted to convey. I want to share them with my readers.

♧ It’s okay to reuse an overused concept.

My originality in this book was attacked more than I can count because it’s inspired by the heirs. As if the heirs was the first production to introduce the rich-poor relationship concept. If you reached this point of the book, I’m sure you liked it enough and enjoyed my ideas, so thank you!

On another note, I don’t feel there is anything wrong with clichés and common plots as long as you write them your way. Don’t let anyone put you down!

♧ You’re not necessarily vulgar if you enjoy explicit forms of art.

I feel as if I didn’t express this enough through Kai, so might go back and stress on it.

It’s not shameful to enjoy mature content, at least to me. Kai does, and so you do if you’re reading this right now. It doesn’t make him a bad person whatsoever. He had never pushed Melanie, had he?

♧ Wealthy people aren’t necessarily snobs.

Don’t judge a book by its cover! The higher class might have different mindsets and lifestyles, but in the end, we are all human. I have friends and classmates who are kids of wealthy worldwide celebrities, or celebrities themselves, and they’re beyond kind. I displayed that through the friends group. They were kind, humble, and not necessarily acting high over Melanie.

♧ Parents can do awful things under the term care.

Just because they care, it doesn’t mean they’re doing it the right way. Almost all the parents in this book are toxic, and to a limit, I think this is realistic. They’re our parents, but they’re not always right.

♧ It’s okay to be conscious and self-aware of your social status. It doesn’t degrade you.

Melanie knows where she stands, but that doesn’t make her feel small (at least not all the time). It’s called social intelligence —to understand the different right ways to deal with different people. And when she’s unsure of how to behave, she doesn’t say anything and waits.

♧ Follow your passion.

Melanie didn’t have enough money to study, but she still kept it in the back of her head. I might’ve not stressed this enough, but she wanted to follow her passion regardless of the hardships.

♧ A relationship is built on trust, communication, and patience.

There is going to be a moment when you disagree with your partner. It’s normal, humane, and doesn’t mean things are falling. Sit together, communicate, and find a meeting point.

♧ People change. They learn from mistakes. Give them a chance.

I can’t explain enough how I loved Massie. She had the biggest character development. She is poised and elegant but also lost her shít when she was fooled. However, she was someone who learnt from her mistake and went back on track. I want to be Massie lol.

♧ A human is a bundle of emotions. Don’t bottle up.

That’s my dear Kevin and sometimes the other characters too.

Emotions are a beautiful thing. Express!

♧ Love doesn’t equal obsession.

That’s Kim. I didn’t make her necessarily obsessed with Kai, but Kim is afraid to be lonely. That’s why she tried to save her relationship.

♧ True friends fight, disagree, dislike each other, but in the end, there’s a meeting point.

Applies to the whole group, especially Kai and Ryan.

♧ Money does make happiness, but happiness isn’t limited to wealth.

I dislike it when anyone denies the power of money. Yes, I can be happy without being rich, but I’ll definitely be happier if I was comfortable financially. Don’t deny it.

. . .

Now, got questions for the characters? Comment them inline below on each of them! Will publish the answers when I have enough questions.

Kai Kingston

Melanie Martinez

Massie Williams

Ryan Martinez

Ella Addams

Kevin Kingston

Kimberlee Morris

Mr & Mrs Kingston

Mr & Mrs Martinez

Jason

Jay

Thank you again for reaching this point in the story! Want special chapters? Lemme know! Love you 😘

Don’t forget to check out my other works!