Heavenly Refuge ~ Ch. 3

So Luna pushed the door open and a desk crashed into the wall next to her, nearly giving her a heart attack.

        “Hope to see you soon, Luna.” Mr. Forbes made his escape while Luna stared at him. Then she turned her attention to a fight that was five against one. She tried to look for the teacher but she was nowhere to be found. Luna looked at the fight again. Other students that weren’t in the fight, were by the window, talking. They were all girls except for the six rambunctious guys in the fight.

        When she finally realized who the person that was alone in the fight, Luna got a pretty good shock.

        His dark brown hair was hanging in front of his bright blue eyes. He had a couple of scrapes and was merciless when it came to the people fighting him. It hardly made sense to Luna but he was the same boy who had rescued her from drowning.

        Luna set her bag down and slowly walked over towards the window, opposite of everyone else. Someone picked up a glass vase on the teachers desk and tried to throw it at the boy, but missed by a landslide. It crashed into the wall only two feet away from her. She only stared at it.

        Should she do something about it? Luna probably could. She took a self defense class before and came out all bruised but she knew how to block, punch, and kick. Then she saw a long rod that was longer than her arm. Now I have a chance, she thought. Oh well, what do I have to lose? So, Luna picked up the rod as all the girls on the other side just stared at her like she was crazy. Maybe she was. But she didn’t plan on using it. It was just for show, but if she needed it, it was there.

        She walked up to one of the guys and tapped him on the shoulder with the pole. He turned.

        “Mind if I cut in?” Luna asked, sweetly.

        Everyone went silent and eyed the metal pole. It had dark splotches of paint on it but it was dark red and looked like blood. But they didn’t know that.

        He looked her over up and down, making her cringe inside, then smiled. “Wanna go over to my house later tonight?”

        Then she slapped him. Hard. Her hand stung but it also felt good. When her hand made contact with his face, there was a satisfying smack! as he reeled back. Then the guy looked at her with rage in his eyes. Then he threw a punch, just as the guy that saved her, moved to tackle him but was too late. He moved out of the way and his fist moved towards Luna. She caught his hand easily and tilted her head.

        “You know, it’s rude to hit a girl.” she said.

        “What-?”

        Luna twisted his whole arm, forcing him to go down on his knees.

        “Must I repeat? It. Is. Rude. You shouldn’t even think about it.” she smirked at him. Her hand was hurting by the force of her own grip but she wasn’t letting up. All eyes were on her.

        “Let go of me.” he grounded out, obviously in pain.

        “Like hell!” he spat.

        Luna sighed. “That’s not the magic word. Fine then. Let’s play a game. If you want the pain to stop, say ‘uncle’.” she put more pressure on his arm.

        “Ugh!”

        “What?” she asked deliberately.

        “Uncle!” he said, menacingly.

        “Good.” she said, not letting go. “Now ‘aunt and cousin’…”

        He said nothing for a while. His friends looked like they were thinking about interfering but decided better. Then he repeated the words.