Heavenly Refuge ~ EPILOGUE

Joshua and Simon sat on Luna’s bedroom floor, dumbfounded at the piece of paper in her notebook. Luna thought of everything, even if it wasn’t necessary. A will... she even made a will! It was crazy, since she didn’t have much to give away, but still... it amazed Simon that she even did think of that.

       “There’s another page.” Joshua said, stopping his train of thought.

       Simon flipped to the next page which was filled with smudged pencil marks. On the top read, FOR SIMON MORSE.

       Her Dad backed away, giving him some room as Simon read what she wrote.

Simon, when you read this, I’ll probably be dead (and if you’re not Simon, GET THE HELL OUT!!!)

I just want you to understand that what happened, was the most fun I’ve ever had in my whole entire life. Everyday, I was envious at the people who could do everything that I couldn’t. But when I met you, it felt as if I could run, that I could crash into something and I wouldn’t be broken or bruised.

I’ve lived this life so long, that I always expected at least five new bruises each week, but then I forgot all about that. I laughed, I actually opened my eyes. Lord knows, but you made me see all that.

Everyday that we were together, I always thought that my life became a drama TV show, but I actually enjoyed it.

Another thing I learned about life is, that there's never enough of it. People always say that you should take advantage of what you have and live life to it's fullist. Well, I don't think that's possible. I've tried my entire life to do that, but it was impossible because there's just so much life, that I couldn't do it. But that doesn't mean that I didn't try.

I think you asked me once if I'd given up on living, or hoping for a miracle. Part of me always hoped, but the rest... I just had gotten the concept of dying, of passing on. I'm not a whole religion fan, so I don't know if I'm goin to Heaven or Hell, but all I know is, I'm going to go home.

I'm going to see everyone that I couldn't see when I was alive, and I'll be waiting for you to come when your time comes. I'll be waiting for you to come home with me, my mom, your mom... we're right here. Always.

So to complete this drama, I want to say don’t forget me. That’s my worst fear. I don’t want you to hold onto my image forever and never move on, I just want you to remember all the fun times we had. Life is short and whenever I think of it all, I hear Ordinary Miracle by Sara Mclachlan playing in my head :) Cheesy and weird I know, but I swear it’s true!

And it's not much, but do me a small favor? I want you to preserve my mask from the dance. Rupert did something with the dress (probably in the dump now). I really liked that mask though.

Another matter is Rupert. He’s not a bad guy, Simon. He actually has a reasonable explanation for pursuing you. So go and look into that, throw a rock at Luke for me, etc... Just be happy. That’s what I want.

Simon, you were my refuge throughout this whole entire thing. I almost thought you were an angel when you saved me from drowning. You were the shelter that I found in all of my raging emotions that I tried so hard to hide.

Haha, I guess that I’ll call you my Heavenly Refuge.

Love,

Luna Moon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have no exact words for this, cause I cried sooo hard. But thanks to all those who read through this whole shindig, but Heavenly Refuge is now completed :'( but still VOTE & COMMENT for the wattyawards