Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Jason gritted his teeth and stormed around the city. He wasn't up for going back to his shitty apartment. He ignored the people around him, despite running into several of them. The glares from those he ran into went ignored. In his pocket, he gripped the pair of white panties he stole out of Mara's apartment.

He hated to admit it, but he wanted her back. She was everything he never had in his life. Sweet, innocent and compliant. Over time, she easily became more and more obedient. That blonde slut, Maria, was annoying and wouldn't shut up about anything. Not to mention, she was terrible at sex. When Mara wanted to break things off the first time, he wouldn't stand for it. In no way did he want to break up with his beautiful, obedient woman. But then she got her friend's brother involved. It kept him away for a while, but he figured she would easily come back to him.

But now the whore had a new man. After only a short time apart, she got someone else.

Jason found himself walking into the park. Not many people occupied the area. He continued huffing and grunting, trying to figure out a way to find Mara. After seeing the damage he had done to her apartment, she probably shacked up with the bastard she was fucking now.

The man was too lost in thought to hear the sound of wrestling in the bushes to his right. Within seconds, Jason found himself tackled to the ground and was suddenly being dragged deeper into the trees. His ankle was in a bone crushing grip. He couldn't even scream as branches cut into his skin. His arms flailed around, desperate to try and pry off whatever had a hold of his ankle.

Finally, the movement stopped and his ankle was released. He groaned in pain and opened his eyes. His scream filled the air as he was face to face with a very large wolf with red eyes and brown fur.

Jason tried to crawl back away from the wolf but as soon as he turned, he was once again in front of another wolf with red eyes and fur. He began shaking and felt tears begin to trail down his face.

To his shock, he heard the wolves begin to laugh.

"Look at him! Crying and pissing himself!"

Jason curled into a ball and continued shaking, praying for a quick death.

"Coward through and through," The wolf behind him said. "But he's the one we needed to grab."

Jason whimpered and faintly heard the sound of footsteps coming out of the trees.

"This is him?"

Jason looked up to see a human walking out of the trees and towards him. He was older, with brown hair and red eyes.

"This is him. I saw him the other night at the movie theatre. He was trying to start something with the Lycan King."

The man nodded and knelt down in front of a confused looking Jason.

"So, you have an issue with the Lycan King?"

Jason blinked. "What? Who? What the hell is a Lycan?"

The man and wolves chuckled. "I should have known you would be ignorant. But if you have any sense, you can figure out what we are."

Jason looked at the wolves before looking back at the man. "W-Werewolves?"

The man smiled. "So you do have some brain cells."

Jason sniffed, trying to hide his fear. "If your W-werewolves, then what is a Lycan?"

The man stood tall and had an angry expression on his face. "A Lycan is an abomination. You could say we are related, but we have been at war for centuries. And I'm going to make sure they finally die out."

After a few moments of silence, the man took a breath and composed himself.

"My Beta has informed me that you had an encounter with the Lycan King. Why did you confront him?"

Jason was quiet for several moments, remembering the wolf's words about the movie theatre. "What, that tall guy with dark hair and blue eyes? He's a Lycan?"

The man rolled his eyes. "Yes! Now tell me why you confronted him!"

Jason winced at the harsh tone but he gritted his teeth. "The bastard stole my girlfriend!"

The man raised a brow. "Your girlfriend?"

"Murdok, the Lycan King was seen with a young red headed woman. A few others have said they have seen her as well. I just assumed she was his new fuck toy," The red wolf said.

The man, Murdok, seemed thoughtful for several moments until he burst into laughter. Jason was startled and flinched as he doubled over.

"This is too good! It appears the King has found his mate! And she's human!"

His laughter finally faded and the two large wolves were grinning. Jason looked between the three of them, trying to figure out what a 'mate' was. Murdok composed himself and smiled down at Jason.

"Young man, how would you like to get her back?"

Jason forced himself to his feet, wanting to stand and meet the man's eyes. Fear still held him in an icy grip but he wanted to do everything he could to remain strong.

"What do you mean? You can break them up?"

Murdok and the wolves laughed. "In a way. I promise you, he will never be in her life again." The man took a step forward, standing only a couple of inches away from Jason. "How would you like to be her mate?"

The wolves grinned, apparently understanding something Jason did not. But he didn't notice.

"Her mate? What is that?"

"Her mate. Her soulmate. However you want to phrase it. How would you like for her to belong to you and you alone?"

The thought of having Mara belong to him made him smile. "How?"

Murdok suddenly had a sinister smile on his face. "Simple... by making you into one of us."

*Author's note: Thank you to everyone who reads and enjoys this story! I want to apologize for taking so long to update. I've been having internet issues along with struggling with personal issues. It's been hard trying to focus on this story along with everything else going on. I promise I will update as much as I can, when I can. I would love to update at least twice a week.

Thanks again and I hope you all continue to read and enjoy!