Chapter 33

Chapter 33

For a few hours, Mara forgot the world and her problems. She was laughing and smiling with Lidia as they watched a couple of different movies. But as soon as they climbed into bed, reality slowly slid back into her mind and sleep wouldn't come to her. Lidia was lightly snoring, obviously completely out for the night. With a sigh, Mara carefully slid out of bed and crept out of the room. She needed some fresh air and time alone to think clearly.

She decided a nice walk outside would be nice. It was warm enough outside that she wouldn't need a jacket. Before she made it down the hall, a large figure came around the corner and startled her.

"Hello Luna," Adam said with a respectful bow.

She took a few breaths and gave him a small smile. "Sorry, you scared me!"

He returned the smile. "My apologies. I was just heading to bed. But while I have you, I want to apologize for Fenrir."

The smile faded from her face and she looked to the ground. "You have nothing to apologize for. It isn't you who should be apologizing."

"I know. And I'm still sorry. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but he is under a lot of pressure. We have no idea what hell his father is causing at the pack house and we need to return as soon as possible. But he shouldn't have taken his anger out on you. I hope you can forgive him."

Mara took a deep breath before facing Adam again. "I don't know if I can right now. Perhaps eventually, but right now I'm hurt. I need some time. He should have properly asked me about going with you all. I've literally only known him for a few days and he wants me to just uproot my life and move in with him! To a pack of Lycans who hate humans!"

As soon as the last word left her mouth, she turned bright red in embarrassment, having just said this to Fenrir's Beta.

Rather than be angry, Adam chuckled. "I understand your concerns. To be honest, all of us were concerned over Fenrir's Luna being a human. But once we all saw the extent of Fenrir's love for you, even we melted."

Mara blushed as Adam bowed his head to her again.

"Luna Mara, I swear that if you decide to come to the Lycan pack house, you will be treated with love and respect. All of our warriors will protect and defend you with our lives. You, who was chosen by the Moon Goddess to be our Luna." Adam stood tall again, continuing to smile. "But if you choose to stay, I cannot blame you. But I hope you can forgive him with time. I have no doubt that Fenrir will be calling you every day and visiting you every chance he gets. But I think that would annoy the hell out of you at some point, so moving in with him would just be easier."

Mara couldn't help but giggle at the thought. "Thank you Adam. Is.... is he ok?"

He sighed. "He's been in his room. He hasn't eaten anything. I was actually going up to see him before I went to bed."

"Can you not tell him that we ran into each other? I'm just going to take a walk outside. I need some air and I don't think I'm ready to speak to him yet."

"I promise, but he will probably know we ran into each other. He will be able to smell you on me. Will you please try and speak to him before we leave tomorrow?"

She was silent for a moment, then nodded. "I will try. I'm not quite ready to forgive him yet, and I won't allow him to take me anywhere without properly speaking to me first. I can't let anyone control me like that again"

Adam nodded in understanding. "Understood Luna."

"Adam, please don't call me Luna. You can call me Mara."