Chapter 25

Chapter 25

There was nothing of value Mara needed from the apartment. She had taken the only good clothing when she first left for Fenrir's hotel. Knowing she had nothing else, he was more than happy to take her shopping.

Mara kept insisting that she had enough in her savings to buy her own clothes but he wasn't listening. Fenrir called them a cab and took them to the small mall in the city. He happily held her hand as he led her inside a large clothing store.

Ragnar was practically purring as Mara held Fenrir's hand. He was in complete bliss at having his mate so close to him. Both Fenrir and Ragnar couldn't wait to mark her and have her completely to themselves. But within a few days, she had completely opened herself up to him and wanted a human relationship with him.

"I give it a month before she let's us mark her!" Ragnar happily howled. Fenrir smirked at the idea but wasn't going to make the bet. If he had his way, it would be a lot sooner than that.

He dragged her into the first clothing store he could find and eagerly pushed her towards the clothing racks. She hesitantly shuffled through the hangers and gingerly picked out the most simple shirts and pants. Fenrir wanted to demand she model everything for him, but that might be pushing things a bit too far.

He was a bit disappointed that she showed no interest in skirts or dresses. The idea of seeing her in a short skirt or dress made his cock hard. He imagined Mara bent over his desk at the pack house, holding her hips as he pounded into her. One of these days, he was going to make it happen.

But he wasn't going to control her in that way. Many times, he has seen Lycans obsess over their mates and take complete control over them, from how they dress to how they act. Not him. He wanted Mara to be herself and open up to him.

As they reached the checkout with Mara's clothing, he quickly grabbed his credit card and placed it on the counter before the clerk could even begin scanning the clothes. Mara opened her mouth to protest, but Fenrir silenced her with a kiss.

"You are my mate. Let me show you how a real man treats his woman," He whispered in her ear.

She blushed and said nothing. The clothing was bagged up and he carried the purchases with a smile. His free hand still held onto hers.

"Hey, to our left!" Ragnar happily exclaimed.

He turned his head and smiled. A lingerie store. Very gently, he tugged her towards the entrance and she immediately began to pull away.

"Fenrir, I don't need anything! I'm fine with what I have!"

He gently held onto her hand and pulled her into the store. "Don't be ridiculous. You need new clothes, right? Well, underwear counts as clothes!"

He eagerly pushed her towards the underwear section while his eyes scanned over to the other side of the store, holding several different styles of lingerie. With Mara distracted, he happily snatched several different styles and colors of whatever he could find in her size.

"Get a lot! We're going to enjoy ripping them off of her!"

Fenrir smiled at the thought and filled his arms. He turned in time to see Mara making her way to check out. He had no doubt she was trying to sneak and pay for everything before he caught her.

As she placed the basic underwear and bras on the counter, Fenrir swiftly placed his choices on top of hers.

"Add these to the order, please!"

The clerk shrugged and began scanning. Mara looked agitated and turned to Fenrir.

"Why do I need all this?" She snapped.