ch. 16

The sun is shining through the blinds, rays landing right on my face, making it impossible to stay in my current position.

I open my eyes, adjusting to the bright light, before I look over my shoulder. Slowly, I remove Danny's arm off me and shift away from him and closer to the edge of the bed.

"Where are you going?" I hear his sleepy voice mumble.

"I need to make a call. I'll wait for you downstairs." I say as I gather my clothes and rush off to the bathroom.

--FLASHBACK--

"Where off to now?" Andi asks as we walk out of the Temple Bar.

"It's 3am, I think 'home' is the right answer." Danny replies, looking at his sister sternly.

"Aw, c'mon, don't be such a party pooper!"

"Actually, me and Alexis, we have to head right back to the airport. Early flight." Agnes says. As if on cue a taxi pulls up next to us.

"That's ours. It was lovely meeting you all! Louise call me in the morning, will you?"

"Absolutely! Have a safe trip." I say and hug both, Agnes and Alexis.

"I'm going back to my hotel too. Got an early checkout as well." Emily announces.

"Good then, I'll give you a ride!" Andi offers and together with Keira the three women walk off.

"Just you and me now." Danny says all smug and I realize it's really just us two now.

"I'm gonna call a taxi."

"Don't bother, my driver can give you a ride."

"No, it's fine."

"Louise don't be silly. It's late, I'm not going to let you get in a taxi all by yourself!"

"Then what are you suggesting?"

"Come with me."

I think about it for a minute. I came with Andi, but she left without offering me a ride back. Was it her plan? To have Danny and me be the only people left? She knew he wouldn't leave me behind.

"Fine." I say, although I'm nervous. Terrified would be a more fitting word.

We arrive in his place and he lets me in before he turns on the lights. It's a rather small place that he uses whenever he's in Dublin.

"Kitchen's that way." he points to his left, while climbing up the stairs.

I pour myself a glass of water and admire his gigantic tea collection, when he returns with a smile plastered across his face.

"You ready to go to sleep?" He asks sheepishly.

"Sure, I'll take the couch."

"Oh no, can't let you do that!"

"You'll take the couch?" I offer.

"Oh no, that'd be bad for my back. You're sleeping upstairs."

I follow him, fully expecting to see two bedrooms, when deep down I can see the flat is too small for two bedrooms.

"We're here." He announces as he ushers me through the door.

"Where will you sleep?"

"Here!" He states coolly.

"Um, no. That's a bad idea!"