ch.34

Emily

"Hey. I'm on your side." I hear Glen say behind me.

I turn around abruptly, our faces only inches apart.

"But that's not right! Danny is your mate."

All I get as a response is a shoulder shrug.

"Did he say anything else to you?"

"You mean after Mark and I left, and it was just him and Andi? No."

"Do you think Andi could be the reason he's not calling Lou?" He asks cautiously.

"No! I mean, I know Lou is the one who should take the first step but if Danny wanted to call her I don't think he would let anyone change his mind."

"Yeah. I get what you're saying. He's stubborn. But don't forget Andi's very protective over him. And most of the time he listens to her!" Glen continues.

"It doesn't make sense. Andi and Louise are friends! Why would Andi talk bad about her to Danny?"

"I don't know. I don't know what he's been up to lately. Any news from Louise?"

"None since the day after their arrival. She's been quiet and that scares me." I say, not able to hide my concern.

"Why?"

"She's usually not like this. She's analysing, overthinking. Setting up theories. This time it's almost like she gave up even before the battle began."

"Well, she'll come around. I'm sure. In the meantime you shouldn't worry so much. Sit on the couch, I'll make us tea and join you in a sec." He offers and rushes off to the kitchen.

So I sit down on the sofa andbecause I'm nervous I take the remote control and turn on the TV.

*switch station*

Crap.

*switch station*

Crap.

*switch station*

Crap.

*switch station*

"Fuck!"

*quickly switch station*

"Was that Louise's voice I just heard on TV?"

"What? Noooo!"

"Switch back."

So I grab the remote and switch back to BBC.

"Hey! It is Lou! I had no idea she was going to appear on TV."

Danny

I don't think I have ever been any more confused in my whole entire life.
I somehow expected Mark to not be Louise's biggest fan, but hearing my sister seriously suggest choosing my ex over Louise was a real eye opener.

Everyone only agreed to like her for my sake! Only because they wanted to see me happy.

"There's only one way to find out!"

I grab the phone to call Ma. She would never lie to me. And she would give me good advice!

Fuck! I never told her I was going to propose? I can't tell her. It'll break her heart to hear Lou denied!

My thumb is hovering over the <call> button as my phone goes off, making me almost drop it.

"What the hell?"

Hey!

Turn on your TV right now. Go to BBC.

Why?