ch. 9

Andi

I know Louise recognizes the voice too because she stiffens up in her seat. In a minute she'll have put on her indestructible mask again.

I clear my throat and sit up. Panic is evident in Louise's eyes now as the voices get louder and louder.

Glen is the first one I see from where I'm sitting. Soon Mark and Danny follow and Mark stops dead in his tracks when he sees me.

"Andi! What a surprise to see you here!" He says in an usually high tone.

That earns him Glen's and Danny's attention and now all three men are looking at us.

Danny's gaze falls on Louise, who doesn't dare to move. Emily, completely oblivious to the situation, flips her hair back and smiles at them.

"OMG! It's you!"

"And who are you?" I hear Glen ask in a flirty tone.

"Emily. I'm a big fan! OMG! This is so exciting! This is my sister Louise and her business partner Andrea."

From the corner of my eyes I see Louise furiously shaking her head and biting her lips in an attempt to hold in her laugh.

Her pained expression is enough to make me give in and errupt in the loudest laughing fit I had in a long time.

"What's so funny? Don't tell me you don't know these guys!?" I hear Emily ask in all seriousness and I have to take several deep breaths before I can answer.

Louise

Leave it to Emily to make a fool out of herself. And me!

"Andi is my sister!" I hear the irish lilt and my knees feel like jello.

Danny

"Shut up!" The lovely woman in front of me exclaims in utter disbelief.

She looks a bit like her sister, I would say she's older though, probably about 5 years. She doesn't have Louise's height or striking physique but she's an attractive woman nonetheless.

She raises her hand to cover her mouth and I see the wedding band on her finger.

I look over at Glen with a 'That's too bad!' expression. I noticed how he went straight into flirt mode when he laid eyes on Andi's company.

"Mind if we join you?" I hear Mark say next to me and I'd love to kick him in the sack for that.

"Not at all!" Replies an excited Emily.

Louise hasn't said a word yet. Just sits there and looks at me. Frightened. Intrigued.

"Lou! What's wrong with you? Don't be so rude!" Emily is nudging her sister's side until Louise is shaken out of her funk.

"Um, hi." She half-whispers.

"So that's the infamous Louise?" Glen whispers in my ear. Andi is shooting daggers at us for being rude too.