ch. 10

Danny

"And you Louise want us to believe you're shy?" I hear Andi blurt out next to me.

"What? I was just helping out!" Louise's trying to defend her actions.

"Did you see the look on her face? She was feisty. And determined. She wasn't gonna let it go!" She continues and I can't even disagree. The waitress was feisty. Most women are around me. They think I like that. In reality I like to be the one who conquers the girl.

"If you only knew what kind of balls it took for me to do that you wouldn't be doubting me right now!" She continues.

"What kind?" I ask.

"Huge ones!" Louise announces, emphasizing her response with an appropriate hand gesture.

Louise

It's been already four hours since Emily and I returned to the table, but now we have to leave for real. I have an early start tomorrow and I need to prepare.

I shot a meaningful look towards Em's direction and got up off my seat.

"What? You're going again?" Glen asks sheepishly.

"This time it's for real!" I coo and hug Andi next to me goodbye.

Danny, Mark and Glen get up off their chairs too and offer a handshake.

I grab Glen by the hand and pull him in for a hug.

"I hope we'll run into each other again soon!" I say as I hug Mark next.

I hug Danny last, and for a few seconds longer and give him a kiss on the cheek as I pull back.

"You owe me an axplaination!" Emily suddenly blurts out.

"What for?"

"What was that back there? Who was that back there?"

She's practically yelling at me for no appearant reason as she's steering her rental car down London's busy streets.

"Nothing."

"Nothing huh? Alright. If you don't wanna talk about it..."

"I don't wanna talk about it!" I say in a stern voice.

"Where do you want me to drop you off?"

"My hotel..."

"What? You're staying in a hotel? Why? It's too expensive. You should just rent a place, it looks like you're gonna be here for a while." She adds, then looks at me expectantly.

"Just don't, ok?"

"Fine. But I really want to help. I know of two apartments in the area that are vacant at the moment. Why don't we go have a look?"

"Whatever." I say as I stare out the window. Looks like I'm gonna be here for a while alright.

"What do you think?" Emily asks just as we finished looking at the first apartment.

Actually it's a loft, and although it's very nicely furnished and the weekly rent is more than affordable I'm hesitating to voice my decision.