ch. 6 - wading into the unknown

I brush over my hair with my fingers and pick up my pocket mirror to check my lipstick. My heart does somersaults and I'm heavy breathing, as if I just finished a marathon. Andi was gone for only a minute, maybe I should just leave. Go before she comes back with her brother Danny. How did I get into thiss mess anyway? I should've stayed professional but I can't seem to calm my racing heart.

Earlier that day...

"Sorry. I'm late. Traffic was a nightmare!" I apologize as I step in front of Andi.

"Don't worry. Where have you been?"

I give her a puzzled look and she smiles.

"Tom said you left the country. I thought you were going to vanish."

"Oh, that! No, I went to Paris."

"Paris?" Her eyebrows rise in surprise.

"Met with a few old friends..." My voice trails off when I realize her piercing stare.

"Actually that's why I wanted to meet you. To talk about marketing strategies."

"I'm glad. I made a few copies of your book and handed them to my family. Figured they'd give me an honest feedback."

"Family? What did they say?" I'm curious now. Maybe she gave one copy to Danny?

"Loved it. Especially my baby brother!"

"Oh." How do I do this?

"I'm sorry. You practically know nothing of me. I guess that's not fair since I know a lot about you." She chuckles. " Well, as you might've been able to tell, I'm Irish. I still live in Dublin, but I stay in my brother's apartment whenever I have to be in London. I've got 5 siblings, I'm mad about horses, I've been horseback riding since I was 7 and I've got two daughters."

"Wow! You made it!"

"It's not a bad life I'm living. Although sometimes I wished it was a bit more exciting."

"Sounds pretty exciting to me." I confess.

"Only when I'm here in London. My brother and his mates always have a party."

"That sounds like fun."

"It is. Maybe you can come along sometime. I'm sure you..." Her voice trails off.

"What is it?"

"I guess you gonna find out eventually, so there's really no point in hiding it. My brother, he's kinda famous. Well, not kinda. He's proper famous."

I decide to not let her suffer any longer and speak up.

"I know. I saw a photograph on your desk the other day." I exclaim.

"Oh, right. Yeah, he gave me that photograph to put it on my desk."

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"I just don't want you to think I'm using my brother's fame to impress you. I want us to work together to achive the best possible outcome."

"I would never think that. And just for the record, I love The Script's music but I'd never try to get to your brother by using you either."

"I would never assume that! OMG I'm so glad that's out of the way now. Because I invited Danny to join us."

"Excuse me?"

"He asked me about my plans for the day and I told him I would meet up with you and he said he would really like to meet you too. He really enjoyed reading about you."