ch. 5 - for the first time

Danny

Earlier today we arrived in Paris, the city of love. Bleh!

Mark had brought Rina with him, as a redemption for their anniversary he had to miss out on because we were on tour.

Even Glen who was currently single didn't mind being here.

And why would he, Danny? You're the only one feeling discomfort.

I shook the nagging thoughts off my head and concentrated on Mark's voice. We were in the location of our gig and putting finishing touches to tonight's show. The stage was a small one tonight, so we had to make a few arrangements and minor changes.

There was also going to be a short interview with a local radio host after the gig. I was not looking forward to that. Not because I didn't like giving interviews, it's just that they always reminded me that I have only one thing to talk about: my music. Mark occasionally gets a question about his kids or, if it's someone who's interviewing us for the first time, a question about how he met his wife. All I ever get asked about if the music, the endless well of experiences that we use to create our songs.

In a way I think I'm meant to be single and unhappy. At least that way we'll never run out of songs to write.

I snort at the thought of that. My own personal misery is what makes the band more sucessful.
Oh the irony!

"Earth to Danny! Were you even listening to what I just said?" I hear Mark asking from the side of the small stage.

"Nope. Do you mind repeating it?"

He did, and soon after we wrapped up rehearsals and went backstage for a small meet and greet.

Louise

We were driving past Casino de Paris and continued on Rue Pierre Fontaine when I noticed a large group of people gathering outside the Bus Palladium.

"What's going on here?" I said out loud.

"Oh, there's a band playing here tonight. My niece is going. She told me the name of the band but I forgot." The driver explained.

I hm'd and we passed by the building, though we didn't make it far due to heavy traffic.

"They have a song, it goes like this", the driver said and started humming 'We Cry'.

"I know that song!" I blurted out. It's the 'We Cry'-band. I used to listen to them on the radio and curse at the radio host for not telling who the song was by. I guess I could've googled it but at that time it didn't occur to me. Instead I would spent hours waiting for the song to be played again on the radio. It was crazy good and that singer's voice made my whole body tingle.

My mind was going a mile a minute. It was already late, so the possibility of getting a flight to London tonight was slim to none. I would have to wait all night at the airport and I was dreading that.

"Can you stop here please?"

The driver parked the car on the side of the road and I got out.

"If it isn't too much of a hassle could you please take my luggage to the airport and store it in a safe? I'd like to stay a bit in town." I said sweetly and batted my eyelashes for a better outcome.

He nodded reluctantly and added, "What am I supposed to tell Madame Agnes if she asks me if I got you to the airport alright?"

"You're gonna say yes!" I retorted and winked at him. He chuckled and waved goodbye and I shut the door.