ch. 23

Christmas Eve

Danny

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about you and Louise! Danny, I'm your sister!"

"I know. I'm sorry." I mumble.

"Speaking of, where is Lou?"

"The airport. She went to pick up her sister."

"Aw!  Emily's coming to visit?"

"Yeah. Along with her husband and kids."

"That's awesome. Finally I'll get to meet them."

We continue our work in silence, me chopping onions and Andi preparing the turkey.

"Did Mark RSVP?"

"Yeah, him and Rina. The kids will be with Rina's parents." I state.

She's silent for a minute again, then sighs.

"What about Glen?"

"I don't know." I say truthfully. "Last time I spoke to him he said he'd come."

"Poor thing."

"It's a shame it took him years to open up to a woman again, and then this bitch just uses him to her advantage." I add, knowing how hard it is for Glen to fall in love.

"Luckily he saw right through her."

"Yeah..."

—-FLASHBACK—-

'How could you do this to your friend? Andi would've lost her job just because you wanted Danny to yourself!'

'C'mon now, Louise, don't stand there telling us how great of a person you are! All you wanted was to save your own ass! You were afraid Andi would blame you for everything and make you break up with him.'

'As if!', Andi's mumbling can be heard from the back.

'That's what you wanted all along, wasn't it? Me out of the picture so you could throw yourself at Danny!'

'Louise, the world does not revolve around you!'

'But clearly your world does, Keira!'

More snickering from Andi and Danny.

'And the fact that you went to such great lengths to achieve your goal just shows what kind of person you are.'

'I can't believe I fell for you!', Glen cries out.

'Don't act like you're surprised. Glenny! You know better than me that all women fancy Danny the most.'

'You've got some nerve woman! Now get the fuck out of here!' Danny steps forward and stands next to his friend.

We all watch as Keira storms out of the room and relief is evident in all our faces.

—-END OF FLASHBACK—

"Call him. Ask him. Maybe he forgot?" Andi suggests and I follow suit.

~

Louise

I arrive at the airport and get out of the car. Emily's plane must've already landed so I quickly make my way to the arrival hall.

It doesn't take long before I see her head rise above the masses. She's sporting her signature look, a high ponytail. She sees me and raises her arm. I wave back. Soon I spot my niece walking next to her and my nephew she's carrying in her other arm.