ch. 2

Danny

I was sitting at the café my sister and I arranged to meet for lunch. She was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago. I was currently busy with promoting The Script's new album and every minute I spent outside of radio stations was a waste of time.

Through the glass front window I saw a woman running across the street, her jacket in one hand, her purse in the other.

"Fuck, Andi, you know I'm busy. Why are you late? You're never late."

"I got held up at work, sorry. Did you order already?"

"No, I was waiting for you!"

A waitress came to our table, young, maybe 25ish, blond hair up in a ponytail, with an impressive cleavage, and took our order.

"Danny..."

"What? I was just looking! What's wrong with looking?"

"Nothing. But as your sister and someone who really cares about you I have to tell you that acting desperate is not cute. Women don't go for desperate."

"But-"

"I know. It sucks. But trying to force anything is not the way to go, trust me."

"I'm 34. I'm sick of waiting."

"The right one will come round the corner when you least expect it. That's how it always goes."

When our food arrived we both dug in. I was planning to go back to the studio afterwards and Andi had to return to her office.

The bell rang, indicating that a new customer had entered the place. It was already pretty much filled but due to its close proximity to the business district of London it was always packed at this time of day.

A few people passed by our table looking for an empty space to occupy. Suddenly Andi's head shot up and she almost choked on her food.

"OMG!"

"What?"

"Nothing! Just thought I saw someone but I was wrong."

We both finished our meal and I payed the check. Andi was acting unsually weird but I knew better than to ask her if anything was wrong.

After I walked her to her car I promised her to visit again soon and got in the car that was waiting for me.

____________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is rather short since it's only an introductory chapter. I fully intend to write longer chapters.

How are you liking the story so far?

xx