Chapter ten: EDITED

||update date 07-02-13|| - this book has been edited by @lynn_ferns

COMMENT, VOTE & FAN :D

CHAPTER TEN

TWO MONTHS LATER

I woke to the sound of a woman calling my name, it was like a whisper, but nobody was there. I got out of bed and walked to the window to look out but saw no one other than the men on guard.

The voice… I remembered that voice, oh my god, she’s back!

I ran to the woods with my vampire speed, I had that wolves call it shimmer, it was like running but in the speed of light, for me and my mother of course. I keep following the voice until I felt like I was in the middle of the woods and she appeared, “long time no see, princess.” She bowed her head.

“What are you doing here, Adaka?”

Adaka was a Brazilian lady, I met her a few years back; she was a hundred and something years old. I didn’t know how she did it but she made her aging process move slower and so now she looked like she was in the early sixties.

“My kinds are still hiding in the shadows, princess. You made a promise and you haven’t held up to It.” she walked a few steps forward for me to see her face.

“I know, and I’ll do it. I didn’t promise when, I just promised I’d do it”

“You promised! I don’t want my grandchild having to grow up scared of the likes of other creatures because of our history!” she said in a fearless tone.

“I know, Adaka. I haven’t failed at my heart. Don’t worry, a year from now, your kind won’t have to fear, this I promise”

“You better see to it, princess. Or I’ll see to you.”

I laughed at her attempt to threaten me, “Don’t waste your energy, old woman. And the next time you try your luck at me again I will make sure you’re not that lucky. I kill before you even attempt anything. But I won’t, you know how I am, Adaka. I respect all creatures.”

She bowed her head with shame, “I’m sorry, Katherine. I just I don’t have enough time. I just want my family to live without fear.” I nodded.

“I can protect them, Adaka. You know I will. I have my hands full right now, you have to understand.” She nodded before walking away to the other side.

“Until we meet again, Katherine. Don’t forget what I taught you, and don’t be too cocky next time. It’s the circle of life, everyone dies at the end.”

**********

URIEL’S POINT OF VIEW

Today is my nine months anniversary with Katherine, still not sure where to take her. I’d told her I had made plans. I was busy thinking on ways to tell her about me leaving in five months. I got out of my room after brushing my teeth and taking a quick shower.