Twenty-one: EDITED

||update date 07-02-13|| - this book has been edited by @lynn_ferns

Chapter twenty-one

I woke still on top of Zadkiel, with his arms wrapped around me, I don’t know why I like it, having to wake up in the morning and seeing him first before others. It was my turn to make the round, I search for a clock to know the time, it two in the afternoon and I just got out of bed.

I open the door soundlessly, I didn’t want to wake Zadkiel up, he did the rest more than me, since he is a normal alpha wolf and I am a royal. I finally got my full strength back.

I bump into Saraqael on the way out, “Katherine, good morning, did you have a nice sleep?” I nodded and try to go for the front door again.

“I’m going for a walk, would you like to join?” this time I turn to face her, it has been two years.

“I’ve miss you, Katherine, I didn’t know about my brother living till the day minute he left, I know you may hate me, I notice that when you didn’t call me the minute you left him at the beach, and then you didn’t came to school, at first I thought you weren’t feeling well, then I thought you were avoiding me, I tried going to your house but there wasn’t anyone there, I figured that you transferred to another school and you move houses.”

I was saddened by her words, I can’t believe she thought I hated her, I was just trying to heal my heart.

“Saraquel, I didn’t know you felt that way, yes I was hurt by your brother, yes I wanted to heal, it didn’t take a day or a week, I love your brother, he was like my first love, Saraqael and so the pain I felt is ten times and I know a mate rejecting me would be a hundred times painful but I hadn’t met my mate at the time, it look months to heal, even with Alec beside me, I thought of your bother, I didn’t transfer schools, I sifted in a young age when I was going through my healing heart, I was weak and my wolf wanted to be strong, so I shifted at a young age and I didn’t want to go to school, instead I went to join the royal guards. Balthazar, he saw my strength, and at the time he was looking for a personal guard while his daughter went live with her mother and it was a shock when he chose me, I don’t hate you, Saraqeal and I don’t blame you for what your brother did to me.”

She was crying and I did what I thought was right I pulled her for a hug and just second after that and door slammed open, somewhere at the second or third floor, I let go of Saraqeal and we both stared at the stairs to see who would be coming.

And there stood Zadkiel taking deep breaths, trying to hold his wolf, I went to him and put a hand on his chest.

“Calm down, Zadkiel, what are you so worked out about?” I kissed his cheeks and he calmed down.

“You weren’t in bed when I woke up,” his voice still sounded at bit mad.

“it’s my time to do a round check on the ground, it’s two in the afternoon, I have to go, my men need me, I’m here to protect, not mingle.” I said as I turned away from him and towards the door.

“Your men don’t need you but I think your boyfriend does, and I don’t want him on land!” he growled.

And I just rolled my eyes and walked out, Alec and Isaac were on the roof, “sorry, I know it’s late and-” Alec silenced me with his lips to mine.