Just Say Yes

"Jennifer!" A young man barged through the door. He was about 6'2, tall and lean. I could tell that through his white shirt he had a six pack. I looked at him about a minute and I knew right then and there that it was him my best friend when he was in 3rd grade when I was in the 1st grade. We went to the same high school, he was the one that truly understood me and he's the only one that knew my past.

 "Henry......I..I....what are you doing here?" To say I was shocked would be a lie but no. I AM SHOCKED.

" Wait.......you two know each other that well to use each others middle names?" Well if it isn't Mrs. Thomson wait why she here ....if she's here then that means her son is....nonono this can't be happening. 

" Oh! Hi Mrs. Thomson umm......where's your husband and son?" I was hoping that Henry wasn't her son.....God why me...first James now him.

As Mrs.Thomson's chuckle brought me out of my thoughts, what she said next made my head spin. "Oh! Henry's my son and my husband had a meeting he had to attend to before the party this evening." Yep I just lost my words but, what can I say I did love him back then and I still do. I just don't know if he loves me back that's the only thing that scares me the most.

" Well then have a seat. So lets get down to business shall we?" That's the only thing that came out of my mouth but, I knew my answer even though the thought of it broke my heart I had to do what was best.

" Yes, now since now we know that both of you have known each other for quite a while I bet making a decision isn't that hard."

" I know I have known Henry for almost my entire life bu-" I wasn't able tho finish my sentence before Andrew(Henry) interupted me but, what he said made my jaw drop.

" Now Anna before you say anything I want to let you know that I've been looking for you for the past 4 years of my life. I've been going crazy for you and I know my mother said to do this after when you've said yes to the arrange marriage and propose at the ceremony but, I can't help it." As he stood up from his seat and came around my desk he did the unexpected. He dropped down on one knee and said the words I've never expected to hear. " Anna from the moment we were friends I knew you were special. Growing up and entering High School I would always be so protective when it came to you. At the time I didn't know I was in love with you but, I did like you and after you moved away without telling me where you were heading, I knew I loved you and I still do. So Anna I'm not just thinking this as an arrange marriage but, as a love marriage because I do love you with all my heart. So.....Jennifer will you marry me?"  I didn't know what to say but, did I love him...yes I did but, I couldn't speak so the only option was to kiss his lips. As soon as our lips connected it was like sparks wrapping around us but, moments later Henry pulled away and placed an engagement ring on my finger.

" So Anna we wil meet you at the party, we got to get ourselves ready too but, were gonna have to make an announcement and put the engagement ring again so be prepared." With Gabriella and Henry left but, before he did he kissed my forehead and walked away.

" Oooooo! My daughter's growing up so fast....I think I'm gonna cry." 

" Mom....stop kay I'm still your little girl. Anyways I'm gonna head upstairs and get ready I have atleast two hours." With that I went up to my room feeling more happy and energetic.