Forty-Eight

At first, Thor laughed about your words.

Like the fool he was, he leaned his head back and laughed as loud and cheerful as a son of a bitch could.

The sound of his laughter filled your heart with more hate, so much it felt unbearable.

The sheer sight of him, his mockery and laughter, was enough to make you rage.

With a loud scream, you reached to your hip, pulled the knife out and aimed for Thor's face. With one swift blow, you managed to bury the blade in the edge of his face, cutting deep enough to injure his eye.

Blood splashed from the wound, flesh ripped and opened. The scream that left his lips was something so satisfying it made your core tingle.

Again, you raised your hand to crash down on him.

Thor was so paralysed by pain that he could not move and remained frozen. This gave you the opportunity to hit him again. This time, you managed to punch the blade into his face. His left eye, to be exact.

The blade of the knife sunk in so deep, you hoped it would reach his brain and make him drop dead.

But your wish was not fulfilled.

Crying out in pain, Thor's grip around your neck tightened. It was so harsh, his knuckles turned white.

Struck by surprise, you lost grip of the knife and grabbed his hand. The air got pressed out of your lungs, making it feel like a fire was burning from inside. With tears in your eyes you bared the pain and reached out again.

Your fingers stroked the handle of the knife, but Thor ripped his head back.

Blood was covering his face.

He looked like a massacred man, covered in his own blood, open flesh and pain.

"You fuck!", Thor hissed between his teeth pressed together. "I'll make you feel pain!"

His grip tightened.

A crack sounded, causing a painful feeling to chase through your body. With his teeth clenched together, Thor let the lightning rage inside his body.

The blue exploded at the tip of his fingers.

The pain was like nightingale you have ever felt before.

It was hot, explosive.

A loud, shrill scream left your lips as your body was filled with the lightning. The electricity made your body heat up, your skin began to turn black.

It felt as if something was building below the surface of the skin, almost like water but extremely painful and heated. As the pulling became unbearable, your skin ripped and blood splashed.

It felt like your skin was shedding, flesh burned and muscles ripped.

The pain was so unbearable, you couldn't help but scream. Not even tears filled your eyes, crying was too much to bare.

As the lightning exploded inside of you, the sky darkened and thunder sounded. Lightning began to dance through the grey clouds.

The cold of Helheim faded and was replaced with a dull warmth. Suddenly, rain fell from the sky.

As the cold water hit your face it got taken over by the lightning and caused even more pain. It felt like heaven was working with the hid if thunder, on,y to chase you even more pain.

The loss of the boy wasn't enough, no. You had to suffer and if it was the last thing you would do.

"Th- Thor!", as you opened your lips, blood was slapping from it.

It was warm, as it covered your face and spread a familiar sweet yet metallic scent.

With hateful eyes and a grin of pure evil, he locked eyes with you.

"You will never return to who you were.", the words sounded so sure, so full of himself.

He was filled with so much pride that it was disgusting.

How was one being able to think so full of himself?

He was just one gold of many, just one child of Odin like any other. He was not special on any way, yet he acted like a madman, like an absolute god.

The hate and jealousy that was burning inside of him must have fuelled anger that was mighty enough to kill Odin himself.

As the thought crossed your mind, you had to smile. It was a weak smile, soft and tired. But it was enough to make him stop in his doing.

"Why are you?", the confusion was shimmering in his eyes.

Gone was the hate.

Suddenly, he seemed insecure.

Hurt, like a little boy that was not enough to ever meet the expectations of his father that was never satisfied with the achievements of his own children.

Slowly, you managed to raise your hand and grabbed his arm. The touch of electricity was painful, but it got blurred out of the mockery you felt for him all of a sudden.

"I pity you, Thor.", talking was painful but it was worth every moment of it. "You are a child of a father that will never accept you. No matter how often you kill me, hurt me, disrespect me, he will always find more interest in me than you. Your father doesn't care for you, no matter how string you will be. Go on, Thor, kill me. End it here and now, leave with the gift that you've stolen from me. In the end, it will be worth nothing."

Struck by surprise, his grip loosened. His eyes widened and for a moment it seemed that the sky above was shaking in horror just like he was.

The rain faded, only for the clouds to darken even deeper. Now, the sky Helheim was as black as the shaking pupils of Thor. However, the cold remained.

Just like the pain.

It felt so unbearable, it made your mind go blank. With a soft gasp, your eyes twisted in pain and you let your head fall back. Breathing felt strange, it felt like the air you took in wasn't enough.

The fear of suffocating spread inside of you, making you loose the last clear bit of your mind.

"Do it, Thor.", you whispered, hoping for an end.

With a challenged gaze, Thor wanted to squeeze the grip tight again.

But suddenly, a strange feeling overcame you. It felt familiar, yet so strange and unknown.

"Too late.", you whispered, closing your eyes with a tired smile. "He's here."