#28 The Devil in her Angel Eyes

~ Rockstar - Chase Atlantic ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

I wake up to bright lights. Unraveling myself from Grey's arms, I sit up and rub my face. It all immediately comes back to me. I lost my scholarship, my grades are dropping and I'll be lucky to get into any of the high end universities I applied to.

I'm fucked.

I quickly grab his phone and check the time. 7am. If I'm lucky enough, everyone should be asleep and I should be able to leave quickly. I grab all my belongings and double check my jeans pocket for the money.

I know I shouldn't be stealing but I doubt Grey will even notice.

I open the door as soft as possible, careful not to wake Grey. Luckily he isn't a light sleeper. But he is a hot one. I shake my head, ridding my mind of any thoughts and walk out.

I quickly run downstairs and leave through the backdoor. The front door is way too loud. I run across the grass in between our houses and reach the ladder to my window. Safely, I climb in.

I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.

❤︎

"I feel like I'm losing my mind. Cam, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm on the verge of falling classes. I've never even been remotely close to failing a class!" I panic, pacing back and forth in my room.

"Babe calm down. Take a deep breath," Cam says calmly.

I shake my head as I pace even faster. My breath is heavy as I struggle to comprehend going on around me. The lying, the failed tests, low grades, skipping school, being grounded. I've only been grounded twice in my life.

And Grey.

The one night that changed everything. And I mean everything.

I snap my head to Cam who sits on my bed. "We need to get rid of Grey," I tell her. We have to.

Her eyebrows knit together. "Like kill him?" she whispers confused.

I can't help but laugh. "No, not kill him. I mean stay away from him. He's the root to all my problems. It's his fault," I declare.

Cam begins laughing. "We've tried and you failed. Many, many times. And you can't blame him for all your problems. I hate to tell you this H, but it was your choice to not study and you're in charge of your responsibilities."

I think about Cam's words. Was it really my fault?

"I mean sure Grey influenced it but you have literally no backbone," she says in a serious tone.

"I do-"

"No you don't!" She cuts me off with a laugh. "I love you Harley but you drop to your knees when this man is around. I don't blame you, have you seen Greyson West?!"

I shake my head yet can't help but smile. "Look I have some backbone," I mutter.

"Did you hangout with him last night?" She asks.

I bite down on my lip. Cam shakes her head. "I didn't expect him to show up. Emmett said he was at a party," I defend.

"You need to start locking your window or learning to tell him no. Eventually he'll have to listen to you," she says. But there's only one itty bitty problem with what she said. "What?" she asks, noticing my change in facial expressions.

"I was in his room. So really he just entered his room," I confess.

Cam groans, throwing her head back onto my bed. "You're never getting over him!" She grumbles into my pillow.