#8 Valentine's

~ Break From Toronto - PARTYNEXTDOOR ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

Today is my least favourite day of the year. I hate it! With every bone in my body. "Eloise Prince you better have your bottom down here in ten seconds!" I shout. I've been waiting on her for ten minutes already, we're going to be late.

"Coming!" She shouts back as she runs down the stairs and into the kitchen where I am waiting on her. She walks over to the table in a red and pink dress with hearts printed all over it.

I point to the plastic plate and cup sitting on the table. "Your breakfast, hurry up and eat, We need to get going," I tell her. It's every other Friday today which means my parents are gone.

I groan when the doorbell rings. "Stay, eat." I run over to the front door and open it up.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Ollie shouts as he pulls me into a hug. I grumble pulling out of his hold. He laughs, finding my despair amusing. "I brought you roses." He holds out a bouquet of red roses to me.

I take them and smile. "Thanks, I guess." Ollie usually gets me a small gift every year and goes into a speech about how I am his favourite girl and his valentine.

He snatches a rose from my bouquet. "Sorry, need one for El," he says. "I hope you know you're my valentine." He begins walking through my house and I follow.

"Here we go again," I sigh, mentally preparing myself for the speech.

"Out of all the girls I've been with-"

"You haven't dated anyone. You just hookup with girls," I mutter as we walk into my living room.

"Hush darling. Out of all the girls I know," he rephrases and shoots me a grin. "You're my favourite. You are the only gir-"

"I'm the only girl for you and there is no one else you could ever see yourself if you were to ever decide to settle down in the future. But for now, every valentine's day I will get flowers because I am the love of your future life and girlfriend in a parallel universe. Did I get that all?" I ask as I plop down onto the couch.

He laughs nervously as he scratches the back of his head. "Damn, I really give you the same speech every year?" He asks. I laugh nodding. "Well, it's true. Love of my life, forever." He flops down right next to me on the couch.

"Platonic love," I make clear.

He shrugs. "You're still my soulmate, platonic or not," he assures. I smile.

I hear light footsteps gradually grow. "Harley I'm done! Oh, hi Ollie," Eloise greets.

"Mini Harley! Here, Happy Valentine's Day to my girl." Ollie holds out the red rose to El. She takes it, a blush spreading across her cheeks.

Her smile grows wide. "Thank you," she mumbles. She's always nervous with Ollie. It's even worse with Grey, she always wants to stick by his side but is too shy to talk to him.

"You're welcome, gorgeous. Alright you have daycare and we have school so let's go!" We all get up and head to Ollie's car. The drive to the daycare is quick considering it's a walking distance. The way to school felt even quicker. Kind of wish Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday, would've been so much better.

We walk into the school and first head to Ollie's locker. As soon as he opens it, tons of Valentine's day cards spill out, pooling around his feet. Every year. "Do you have a bag?" He asks me as he begins picking them up.

I shake my head. He begins tossing them all onto the bottom floor of his locker. And there are lots. "What? Not gonna read them, or are you too famous too," I tease. Ollie laughs rolling his eyes as he begins getting his books.