#25 Body Kisses

~ Low Life - The Weeknd - Future ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

It's 3am and I'm studying. I've had like four coffees today just to help me stay up. And it's hard. I've fallen so behind I don't even know what to study first. I can't do this if my mind is in other places. I haven't seen Grey the rest of the week. Ollie, Cam and I were planning my 18th and I wasn't even happy about that.

It's a costume party thrown at some air bnb with alcohol, a pool and a live band and shit. I don't even know what I'm going to wear for my own costume party.

I groan, flipping through the pages of my textbook. Maybe I had too much coffee because now I have too much energy to do this shit. I should go for a run, even if it's three o'clock in the morning.

Maybe I can hangout with the gas station crackheads, they're always energetic.

"Grab your jacket Angel."

I shriek, turning to my left watching Grey crawl through my window. "Grey get the fuck out of my house!" I whisper-shout. He ignores me walking to my closet and taking out a black bomber jacket.

He tosses it at me before walking back to the window. "Angel put on the fucking jacket and get your ass in my car," he orders. I slide the jacket on but I stay seated.

"No. Why would I go out with you?" I ask.

"Do you want to see the guys or not?"

I haven't seen Emmett since spring break and the others for a longer time. I bite my lip thinking. I reach over and turn off my dim lamp before following Grey out of my window. We climb down before walking to his car.

I get in the passenger seat as Grey gets in the driver's seat. He reaches into the back seat and tosses a brown paper bag onto my lap. He begins driving while I open it up.

I take out the white box and open it. He bought me loaded nachos. "Thanks," I mutter under my breath before I eat it. He rolls his eyes, adjusting the rear view mirror.

Headlights shine through the windshield and I get a good look at Grey's bruised face. "What happened?" I ask. He shrugs, continuing to drive. "Same old shit."

I sigh. He says that like it's fine. "Why don't you talk to a police officer. They can help you," I suggest. He scoffs a laugh.

"Angel, I do illegal shit. I'm the first one getting arrested," he says.

I wonder what kind of illegal stuff?

"Do you fight back?" I ask.

"All the fucking time. Trust me, they're the ones who end up in the hospital, not me." He says it so casually. Like it's an everyday thing.

I bite my tongue thinking. "You didn't fight back Cujo," I point out. Why would he fight back everyone but Cujo.

"He's my boss. He can hurt me as bad as he wants. Everyone else is below me. I can fuck them up as much as I want," he says.

Maybe this was a bad idea.

I nod slowly. "Do you still keep a gun on you?" I ask. He switches to driving with one hand and reaches the other hand into his pants. He takes out his gun, tossing it onto my lap.

I immediately push it onto the ground. "Grey, that's a deadly weapon. Why would you throw it like that?!" I scold, keeping my feet away from him.

Grey laughs, not caring. "It's on safety. Pick it up." I take a second to think about whether that's a good idea or not.

I put my finished nachos down to the side and pick it up. It should be safe if it's on safety. "See, it's completely safe until you take it off safety and pull the trigger," he assures.