Don't mess with the doll

Carmela's POV

Fuck how did she know? Grabeng pag-iingat namin what gave us away? I mused as I struggled to free myself somehow from this iron clamp like thing that held me like a prisoner sa pesteng upuan na ito. 

She stopped in front of me and ran through a finger on my face, napansinko lang that may parang sharp metal beak like thing na nakakabit sa finger na yun and it was chained into a bracelet with gothic design sa wrist ni Dahly. I could feel the sharpness of its point, if ever she would decide to scratch my face with it, for sure malalim ang sugat. Wag naman sana mahal ang maintenance ko sa mukha kong ito. 

I heard her laugh then she said, " You're shaking Carmela, I smell fear and it excites me, I thought of a thousand things that I could do to satisfy my craving for revenge, you owe me big time dear but di lang dapat ako ang maningil. Anyways I always believed that revenge is better served cold, I'm a warm person di ko kayang bigyan ng hustisya ang saying na yan" 

Nakita kong lumayo siya sa akin at lumipat kay Markus, " Markus dear I'm disappointed your brother is a dear friend of mine, ano na lang sasabihin niya when he finds out?" she flashed Markus a smile then went towards Jeremy's direction. Hiniwakan niya ang pisngi ni Jeremy then said,

"Jeremy, you disappoint me as well. You should have asked your brother what makes my heart flutter. I have nothing against Jason, he is also a dear friend of mine but trying to attack me that way is briliant yet you lack strategy" she chuckled after saying that. 

"JN and Devon get yourselves a chair, we all need to talk" nilingon niya si JN at Devon who as of now ay confused pa rin just like us. 

She poured herself tea and went back to her chair. Nakita kong nakaupo na rin si Devon and JN. 

She took a leisurely sip from her cup before talking again. " By the looks of your faces I'm sure you are all curious how I cracked the code, don't worry I'll fill-in the missing pieces of the puzzle" she smiled and this time it was geniune. Para siyang bata na nanalo sa isang quiz bee, yun ang expression sa mukha niya ngayon. 

" I gotta give it to you Carmela, you had a an almost perfect plan pero you overdid it kaya nga I found loopholes. I'll be telling you how I deciphered everything or however you would like to put it, yet I want you to tell me how you guys were chosen to be the Dolores scholars. My hunch would be, pinili kayo dahil kilala kami ng mga kapatid niyo except for you Carmela. Just wondering if I got that correctly, ika nga nila Keep your firnds close yet keep your enemies closer." sabi niya then she sipped her tea again. 

"Come on, spill it we have all the time on earth ngayon, besides you'll just be sitting there until I decide on something, so might as well magstorytelling na lang muna tayo... or else Devon will let you talk with pleasure" her eyes were half closed while the cup was just an inch away from her lips, yet her smile creeped me out, or should I say it was more of a smirk. 

I just remained silent, then she rolled her eyes. " You really are tough, fine ako na lang mag story tell." Dahly put down her empty cup.

"Carmela Lastimosa, BS Psychology Graduate skilled in archery and a promising violinist. The very first Dolores Scholar, hired and yes I mean hired since you were never treated like family di ba? " tanong ni Dahls sa akin. 

I still remained silent and she continued talking, "hired 10 years ago and was the girlfriend of Alan Dolores, anak sa labas ni Antoine. Specializes in Archery, moderate skill in close combat and the strategist of the group. Meant to counter or contrast Shysie, well I do agree with that kahit asawa niya nilalandi mo nga eh. " sabi ni Dahly as she laid out two folders on the table. Kinuha ni Devon yun and gave the other one kay JN.