chapter 8

Amity Pov

I groaned slowly waking up to sun shining in my face, I wondered how I got home, then I realized I wasn't in my room, I sat up to quickly and a headache smacked me. I adjusted my eyes to the room turning over to see a bottle of water and some meds, I took them and noticed a note underneath the bottle.

"Morning Amity, I took you home last night and there are some pain meds for you, if its before 9 am I'm probably downstairs working out so come find me when you feel up to it - Luzzy <3"

I reread the name, Luz?? I looked around the room realizing I was in Luz's room, oh my god Luz is back and she saw me drunk, I groaned looking around the room, my eyes connected with a Polaroid sitting on the bedside table, it was me. I smiled, she kept the photo of me, I looked at the clock "8:26" Luz would be downstairs, I wonder how she looked now, a blush appeared on my face at the thought of Luz working out. I pulled the covers down looking at the clothes I was wearing, a huge Azura hoodie and a pair of long basketball shorts, my face turned red, I was wearing her clothes. I looked in the mirror, I was a mess to be frank, hair all over my face and makeup streaked down my pale face, I wandered into the bathroom finding another note next to the sink.

"Welcome to the bathroom, there is a green toothbrush on the counter for you and a towel on the rack, feel free to clean up and steal some clothes from my closet, your clothes are on the line I had to wash them :)"

I smiled at the note but wondered why Luz had to wash my clothes, I was sure hoping I hadn't throw up all over myself, my mouth just tasted like bad alcohol, I grabbed the toothbrush scrubbing the taste out of my mouth before sliding into the shower. Once I was clean I wandered back into the bedroom opening Luz's closet. All of her clothes were huge, how tall had she grown? I finally decided on a pair of basketball shorts and a sweatshirt, I noticed a large pair of purple converse under her desk, she got another pair, I smiled like an idiot as I made my way downstairs.

Music blasted from behind the basement door, I prepared myself to face the girl of my dreams again, I slowly opened the door and instantly my face turned tomato red. Luz stood in front of a floor length mirror in only a sports bra and a pair of workout shorts, sweat dripped down her face, her right hand was freshly bandaged, was that what happened last night? She noticed me and placed the weights down turning to me and smiling, holy shit she was tall. "Amity your up, this shall be our formal reunion, lasts nights was not so pretty, are you hungry I'm happy to fix some breakfast or duck out and grab something, I just have to finish this workout?" I stared at her, her stomach had scars all over it, her smile hadn't changed but small scars decorated her sharp features, her hair was in a soft mullet and her brown eyes held so much kindness I wanted to wrap her in a hug right then and there but she was sweaty. "Hey Ammy you ok there?" Her voice was so sincere as she looked at me in concern. "I just can't believe its you, really you. Finish up your workout and then we can go out and get breakfast my treat for your return and you can tell me why your hand is bandaged and my clothes are on the line. I can't believe its you, I'm honestly in shock right now." Luz smiled at me before taking my hand in hers. "One step at a time Amity, ill be out in 20." I smiled before turning around and walking upstairs, I crumpled into the couch before screaming into a pillow, she was back.

Luz walked down from the bathroom fully dressed in jeans and a tank, her arms were toned to perfection and she smirked as my face turned peach, she threw me my converse "I see you kept our little shared sneakers, purple converse" I chuckled as she pointed at her purple converse. "I'm so sorry as to whatever I did last night Luz, I wanted to have fun but I got carried away and now you're injured." Luz took a seat next to me placing her hands on my knee, I felt a blush creep onto my face as I looked at her. "Amity it wasn't your fault what happened, I was talking with the group when we heard a scream and I went to deal with it, and well I beat the shit out of some guy and punching someone so hard you break their nose tends to break the skin." She paused moving closer smiling her perfect smile "I became strong to protect everyone especially you since the house." I grimaced at the mention of the house, her hand grabbed mine and she gave me a reassuring smile before in one move grabbing me and running out the house. "LUZ PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT" I screamed punching her back as she laughed. She put me down putting her arm around my shoulder pulling me in for a hug. She smelt like a fireplace filled with flowers, I held on not wanting to loose her again. As if she could read my mind she leaned down and whispered in my ear "Ammy I'm not going anywhere you can let go" I went bright red and instantly let go of her and started walking, she chased me chucking an arm lazily around my shoulders, she started talking but I couldn't listen all I could think was, 'Luz Noceda has her arm around me'.

We stood in line at our favorite coffee shop as Luz talked about the human realm, I couldn't take my eyes away from her she was beautiful, I knew she didn't feel the same about me, I didn't even know if she was into women. I knew I was a lesbian from a young age, when Luz came to the Isles she was the first girl who made my heart beat a million miles an hour, anytime she smiled I felt heat rise on my face and my hands got clammy. "Amity your usual" I was snapped out of my thoughts by drake who stood behind the cash register, "yes thanks Drake" I smiled trying to keep my cool as I realized Luz's hand was on my back "can I grab a iced latte with a bit of whipped cream." I kicked myself I forgot my 'usual' was Luz's drink, I was praying drake didn't say anything "oh ok, two Amity specials please James" my face went bright red as I heard a laugh escape Luz's mouth "a amity special?" She questioned Drake "oh yeah this is what Amity gets everyday she's here." Luz turned to me and I swore I saw a faint blush on her face. I took her hand leading her to my usual table as we waited for our coffee. "I'm starting at Hexside on Monday." She stated as I looked up I felt a smile lace my face "and I thought maybe the top student would tutor me seeing as I've been gone for almost four years, Eda and King won't be back until Monday if you would like to stay over, obviously you. You don't have" I stopped her mid sentence grabbing her hand "ill stay over Luz, do you mind if we head to my house to get some stuff, as much as I love wearing your clothes they don't fit very well." I smiled as I saw her face turn crimson at the mention of me in her clothes.