chapter 5

Amity Pov

I stood in the living room laughing at my brother trying to move the couch so we didn't have a puking boshca problem again, that was a wild night, I wish Luz had seen the whole situation that unfolded afterward. "Oi mittens stop day dreaming I need you to go pick up the booze from Jerbo, he's waiting at his house." I looked up at Edric as he threw his card at me, we obviously couldn't use moms card to buy booze so Edric got his own card purely for parties. I walked up the stairs', I needed to change before the party and even if it wasn't for another 2 hours my friends would be here in an hour and by the time I picked up the stuff from Jerbo they would be here. I never tried to impress anyone at parties, I didn't want to, ever since Luz left I had never felt the way I felt for her again towards anyone which surprised me but also no one compared to the brown haired Latina. I sat on my bed looking at my bedside table, in a golden frame sat a picture of Luz sitting at my dining room table with an iced coffee in hand, a smug smile laced her face. It was my favourite photo I had ever taken and I forced my mother to buy me a nice frame to place it in, Luz deserved a golden frame.

I looked at my scroll "6:34" I had less than half an hour until the demons trio rocked up, I needed to get going. I stood in front of my mirror, I wore a pink crop top and a black tennis skirt with purple converse, Luz and I had matching converse that she forced Eda to get for her, but I grew and they didn't fit so I made Eda find me a pair, they were my favourite shoes. I fixed my lipstick before I bolted out the house narrowly avoiding my annoying siblings, cold air hit my face, I scolded myself for forgetting a jacket. The silence of the night calmed me, it had been months since I'd had any nightmares about the night at the portal but sometimes I felt like I could still hear Luz's voice screaming at Belos as she pushed her staff into his chest. Sometimes I swore I saw her wandering through the streets of the Isles and I get excited that she's back but I've stopped running up to those strangers because its never her, she's never coming back.

I walked out of Jerbo's house a duffel bag in my hand filled to the brim with the dodgiest Boiling Isles liquor we could get our hands on, I looked at my scroll "6:53" I had to be home fast before Gus got caught by the twins, whom were obsessed with his illusion magic. As I sped walked through the town I say a tall brown skinned girl laughing at a scroll, she looked freakishly like Luz, I shook my head remembering the amount of times I made a fool of myself running up to people who looked like her. i strolled past walking as fast as I could to my house, the thought of Luz tangled me up in my own thoughts and soon enough I stood at the front of the manor, Boscha laughed as she opened the door smiling at my presence. "AMITY IS IN THE HOUSE" she yelled dragging the duffle bag out of my hand, I groaned as she used the other hand to drag me upstairs into my room.

An hour later I sipped lazily at a Vodka Pali, I was tipsy but not drunk yet, the same could not be said for boscha as she stumbled around dancing with a giggling willow, people danced and sung loudly. I was bored so I decided tonight was the party I was gonna get absolutely thrashed at, I deserved it, after four years I needed to let go of her, she wasn't ever coming back. I stood at the bar waiting for Ed to stop flirting with Jerbo, "mittens what can I do ya for?" I stared at my older brother, I was desperate to get drunk tonight. "Whatever will get me super drunk." Ed's eyes lit up as he spun around grabbing multiple bottles of very suspicious liquids. Moments later a glass was placed in front of me, colours swirled as Edric winked walking over to the next costumer, I took a sip wincing at the burning liquid, I decided to skull the whole drink so I wouldn't have to deal with the taste. I chugged the drink, harsh burning liquor slammed down my throat, I placed the glass down making my way to the dance floor grinding up on some girl. Soon enough I was absolutely toasted and the night was slipping out of my reach.