Chapter 19

Karmony

Finally, some time away from work and Dewstone. I love the people down there, well most of them, but I need to get in touch with me again and my own goals.

Opening the well-weathered leather-bound journal, I flip to the pages that I've read over and over again:

"age 10- We gave Dad the slip, was so easy. We found a tablet hidden from everyone, so Agent H and I did some sneaking. I don't remember everything on the tablet, but we think we know a new way to have some fun. Just need a token from the past.

"age 14- I love going to UpAbove, but Dad tries to stop me. He gives me lectures on our Ancient past and my responsibilities to Dewstone."

"age 19"- I met a girl, she's the one. Not telling anyone, this is my hearts choice.

"age 21"- Dad gave me the Ancient token tonight, he was excited, but I was not. Why would I want a thing from the past when my future is within my grasp when I hold her hand?

"age 22"- Last entry, married my Hearts Match, and now I'm going to be a dad! A girl they tell us. I will give my part of our history to her one day. Maybe, her heart will lead her onto the right path... 

***********************************************************************

Joven

"Yes, I understand what you want me to do, but are you sure about this Joven?" she asks while pacing in the back of her coffee shop.

"Yes Hannah, you can help me greatly," I plead. And I'm not above begging at this point, regardless of who's watching. This could be my last chance to win my wife back.

"I knew something was wrong, because she refused to talk about you. And yesterday we ran into Karmony and she said some odd things about your character, that had Pann agreeing with her. I found it all rather odd," she stops and thinks for a moment, "as a matter of a fact, she mentioned going with her to City Hall tomorrow at noon to view the Ancient Tablets. Then, something vague about seeing her next week at her apartment for lunch."

Oh. Oh. OH! This is so much worse than a tsunami, it's like a nuclear bomb in my head. Heif is next to me using his hands to mimic an explosion, that does NOT help me calm down. Not wanting to focus on Karmony, and what evil plot she has going on in her head, I continue with Hannah.

"Yes, you're definitely the one I need. Please get her there and I'll leave the book on the table by the front desk." This has got to work, I start chanting over and over again. It's like the ninth inning, bases loaded, with two outs in the World Series. Time to step up to the plate and go for the game winning Grand Slam!