Chapter 6

Pann

I get the bathroom first?

Bathroom?

What is a bathroom?

Do we even have a bathroom?

My brain is so scrambled. Joven grabs my small bag and escorts me to the only bathroom in the house, places my bag on the floor, kisses my forehead, and leaves me in privacy while closing the door as he leaves.

It's a good size bathroom, double sink, a very large tub, separate shower, private door to toilet and decorated in shades of brown and teal. Masculine soap, shampoos, a razor, shaving cream, and a toothbrush are neatly spread around the sink and tub area. I get a shiver through my body, realizing my things will now be placed by his forever more. Opening my suitcase intending to search for anything I could wear to bed, instead I start placing my own essentials around the sink and vanity.

Done with that task, I go back to rummaging through my bag for some lacy scarlet red or champagne colored confection that will "wow" Joven; or maybe something cute. I just really don't want to have to walk out wearing my rock-n-roll t-shirt from earlier today that said, "Rock Me All Night Long." Joven had packed my bag, while I was knocked out on narcotics, so not really sure what I will discover in my travel bag. A knock on the door, my hands freeze their exploration, surely my times not up already?

"Yes?" I ask hesitantly.

"I'm opening the door," he says as the door handle turns, "here are your herbal meds from earlier today. I keep cups in the top drawer on the right," he adds then leaves, closing the door behind him.

"Thank you," I say, but he's already closed the door. Now, let's see what he packed. I get busy combing my hair till it shines, brush and floss my teeth, take my pain pills and reach for my treasured pajamas. It's so embarrassing to think he went through my dresser at home. The only thing to sleep in is a long pajama shirt that goes to my knees. Pink in color, it has a cartoon sleeping princess, laying on a bed of rose petals, and printed on the front is a sign that reads "Now accepting applications for Prince Charming." Well, it's not sexy, but better than hiding in the bathroom all night. Taking as long as possible, and finding no more ways left to kill time; I turn the knob and walk out.

Joven is sitting on the bed still fully dressed, thank goodness. He smiles when I enter, his eyes travel down my body and then laughs when he reads my pajamas. Laughter on your wedding night can be a good thing, right? Well, as long as he's not pointing AND laughing, even I know that would be a bad sign.

He rises and passes by me, giving me another kiss on my cheek, and goes into the bathroom. So, what's the newlywed protocol? Do I lay on the covers, under the covers, sit on the bed, or just stand here? At times like these, I really wish I had a mom to ask. Maybe I should call his mother? Nope, Pann, that is a definite no-no. Imagine if I said "hey, Joven, so I called your mom and she said I should wait for you under the covers." Yeah. Real good Pann.

Reminding myself I'm an adult, I make grown-up decisions all the time, so I decide to sit on the right side of the bed. Just barely getting my bottom on the edge, I don't want to appear too eager. Guys don't want eager right? Be a lady, Pann, you can try and control yourself and not immediately throw yourself at him and his sexy bod. I'm in complete control, and then he ruins all that prep self-talk by opening the door.